Thread: Map Design for Concept Album Artwork/Liner Notes

Default Map Design for Concept Album Artwork/Liner Notes

Hi all,

So happy to have discovered this community. Really encouraging to know that this exists.

I'm currently in the final stages of recording a concept record about a fictional isle and the stories that take place in its various geographical locations. Each track is dedicated to a particular location.

To be clear, this map would be a part of the album booklet, not the album cover itself. It should serve more as an augmentation of the concept.

I've attached an example map for aesthetic inspiration. Certainly very Old English/Medieval inspired, but with elements of surrealism and fantasy.

For the album artwork itself, i've been heavily inspired by the Golden Age of Illustration and the Utagawa school of art. Taking aesthetic cues from this will be important for cohesion (still in the process of finding an artist for this side of it).

https://www.ecosia.org/images?q=kay+nielsen

https://www.ecosia.org/images?q=utagawa+nature

I have more fairly specific requests (involving place names/specific locations) but I will keep this brief to begin with, I would love to share more in a private setting if anyone is interested in working together!

All the best,

Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ceylon.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	112876  

Hello Tom,

I'm an illustrator and map-maker, making all my work by hand, and my portfolio is here: http://www.ryansthomason.com/Mapmaking/. I'd be very interested to hear more about this project - I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

Hi Tom,

I'd also be interested in working on the proposed project with you. To give you a little more about myself, I’m a Ringling College grad and have been freelancing for the past few years working on video games, books, and table top rpgs. I have produced multiple maps, environment illustrations, and prop designs for clients all around the world. You can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com. I hope my style works for you and to hear from you soon.

Kate

Hi Tom,

I'd be interested in working with you on this project. You can check my portfolio here and if you like what you see, shoot me an email at the address below so that we can talk more about the project.

thomrey [at] hotmail [dot] com

Cheers !

Thomas

I feel reasonably confident I could do the full album cover art, I'm really feeling your inspirational art. If you hired me, I'd love to be considered do the full album insert to keep the style consistent. My fantasy map portfolio is available for your perusal if you so desire.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hello , from what I understand you are looking more for an art nouveau style from the early 20th , I 'd like to try this.
    In case you want to take a look at my gallery and eventually if you should like you can contact me directly on deviant art.

Link
    Last edited by Naima; 01-26-2019 at 02:46 AM.

Hello Tom,

I might also be interested in this project. You can see my portfolio at www.traditionalmaps.com

Regards,
    Karl

Hey Tom,

If you're still looking for someone, I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your replies! I will be sifting through and reaching out next week.