Thread: Looking for a someone to make a world map on commission plus more

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Looking for a someone to make a world map on commission plus more

I'm working on a project where I will need a world map (continent) that will include a poster. One section of the world map will be detailed out for the realm. I plan on kickstarting this. There will also be many city maps needed and zoomed in maps of the realm.

Please contact me with sample maps and price quotes if you are interested.

Subject

This will be a single continent world map about the size of Europe. it will have a very large mountain range that runs down the center of it. The Northern end will be much like North American's Northern end. The southern end will have a section that is like Greece (The realm for the campaign). There will be a large forest where the elves live on the southwest, and island like England of the west coast, and a island like japan off the east coast.

Style

I like the Mike Schley and herwin wielink style maps in CC3.

Quality & Size

Professional / semi professional (More towards the professional side) This is for sale.
    Required for print / web
    This map will have an option to be made into a poster.

Time Constraints

I plan on kickstarting around Summer.

Copyright

- (as simple or complex as you need. If you want something watertight consult a lawyer, the suggestions below are just for illustrative purposes and may not provide the protection you require).
    Please note that in order to use the map in any publication you'll need reproduction rights or copyright to the map. However for most uses, commercial and non-commercial, reproduction rights are enough. If you ask for full copyright to the map you should normally expect to pay more for it. (read more about copyright here). Sometimes you only want rights for a single use of the map and sometimes you'd like to have rights to use it again and again, so what it may be used for and for how long should be considered.

I would like reproduction rights to the map

I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Contact Details

arduini.adrian---at---gmail.com
    (remove the -- and convert "at" to @)

Adrian

Hi folks,

I've gotten quite a few emails of some really great artists. Thank you and keep them coming.

One question that is common is how big the poster map will be. I'm thinking it won't be any bigger than 2 by 3 feet. If it isn't much harder I'd like to go 3 by 4 feet. The idea is that the kickstarter will have an unlock for a poster map.

Thanks for all the emails. I love the work.

Adrian

Hi again folks,

I made a temporary map that I like. I think it is a good starting point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zagora map.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	112885  

Hello map makers

I've gotten some really great submissions. I've tentively made my choice, but I have to put this on hold as I realized I need to decide on the nations and cities first lol. Its very hard as each submission is just as good as the next.

I had thought I posted this already, but I don't see it on the thread