Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where's W̶a̶l̶d̶o̶ Max?

Yup . And If this kind of thread can make those notorious talented people come back here, well... PLEEEAAASEEE !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I too have wondered about Max and Jonathan Roberts, along with others on Wingshaw's list. I do know Ascension had decided to take a break from mapping for a while.

Speaking for myself I've been gone for some time (dealing with some life issues) but I am planning to become active on the forum here again latter this year, hopefully sometime in March. I miss you guys, and I'm touched that I'm still remembered by some folks here.
    Oh come on, of course we do! The first ever half decent map I did was heavily based on your Eriond tutorial!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Ascension is over on FB. I think he runs a stained glass company.
    He likes maps regularly, well, back when I was actually doing my job over there. [hangs head]

Jonathan isn't a full time mapmaker, i don't think. I think he has some research job or something.
    Or was it physics? I had a conversation with him once on here about that.
    Back when he was making that hex tile thing.
    Blando is always busy with maps. He posts on FB regularly. Has a patreon that he posts about.
    Schwarzkreuz has been back around the Guild recently. He has a marketing ? job as well, so may be busier at times.
    Others... I can't say for sure. I would love to know what Viking is up to. And to see any new work.
    Viking's work was super inspirational.

For me, I'd add - handsomeRob, a2area, Aerius, djekspek... just a few off the top of my head.
    I know I'm forgetting people...

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

What about Gidde? She was here briefly while I was gone, and now gone again?

I think Djekspec was otherwise known to CC3 mappers as Herwin Wielink. If I'm right he created one of our main overland styles, but then turned to photography. His website has been awfully quiet in the last few months.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I think Djekspec was otherwise known to CC3 mappers as Herwin Wielink. If I'm right he created one of our main overland styles, but then turned to photography. His website has been awfully quiet in the last few months.
    If I remember correctly, right when I joined the Guild, he had a MASSIVE CC3 map of a whole region that had to be seen to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    If I remember correctly, right when I joined the Guild, he had a MASSIVE CC3 map of a whole region that had to be seen to be believed.
    LOL! I'll be searching for it all day tomorrow now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123