Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Kanoba

This is already stunning!!! Man, when you're onto something, that's very impressive - and I'm repeating myself fast!

J.Edward, you are starting to make me feel like a slacker. But what you have so far, is beautiful. I like the soft coloring of it, and the parchment feel. This map is going to be one for the books. I'm looking forward to seeing more!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I managed to finish the line work and edits and move into the color yesterday.
    I go up and down with pieces, where I'm like.. this is cool. Then this is blah and mundane.
    I suspect it is fairly common. I'm in the blah mundane mode atm.
    But I know it will change as I get more color in there.
    I find this comical, you have so much brilliant detail jam packed in this piece, and refer to the progress as "mundane", HA! I don't know if I have enough words to express how much I admire your style, J.E.

The amount of detail you get done so fast is amazing! I love your color choices so far!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This is < expletive deleted > AWESOME, man. The color, even this initial pass at it, really makes the details stand out and gives depth to the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward
    I work fast for various reasons.
    One, because I may not have time later
    two, i can lose motivation sometimes, so finishing big pieces faster helps me to finish them at all.
    three, sometimes I just work fast.
    I feel ya, man. This is me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I managed to finish the line work and edits and move into the color yesterday.
    I go up and down with pieces, where I'm like.. this is cool. Then this is blah and mundane.
    I suspect it is fairly common. I'm in the blah mundane mode atm.
    But I know it will change as I get more color in there.

line work done...
    Attachment 113228

then the update with color started...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 113229
    So beautifull... How long did you take to make it ? Is it already finished?

I am so slow lol , I took 9 hours only to make a small portion of map and not even finished...

It's two days or so, and I'm still speachless. 'started to comment at least 10 times and I just can't imagine anything but "wooow". Even the typography is perfect.
    Your maps are always my fav, but it's even better to follow your process

So its time to start commenting on all these great maps popping up in the challenge.....

What can I say? I always love seeing your work. On a whole, your work always impresses me and this is no exception. The only thing that kills me is that you are able to get so much done in such a short time. What you've done with this so far would likely take me weeks if not months. Then again, if I didn't procrastinate so much....
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

We don't know what to say anymore... it's such a great job! And so fast. You're really on another planet! My only regret: the very damaged scroll... It gives a real atmosphere to the whole thing, which is very good, but in quick reading, my eyes have been trapped several times by folds or holes. (but well, I say that, because you have to say something... otherwise, the word "perfect" loses its value because it is used too often to describe your work)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is already stunning!!! Man, when you're onto something, that's very impressive - and I'm repeating myself fast!
    Thanks Ilanthar
    It's always appreciated when you're doing a big project. It helps keep ya going.
    Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    J.Edward, you are starting to make me feel like a slacker. But what you have so far, is beautiful. I like the soft coloring of it, and the parchment feel. This map is going to be one for the books. I'm looking forward to seeing more!
    Thanks Storm
    I'm putting a lot into it.
    I need to check with Thomas and see about a few things I want to add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    I find this comical, you have so much brilliant detail jam packed in this piece, and refer to the progress as "mundane", HA! I don't know if I have enough words to express how much I admire your style, J.E.
    Thanks Adfor
    I've always struggled with mood shifts where art's concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    The amount of detail you get done so fast is amazing! I love your color choices so far!
    Thanks Domino
    I'm getting a little better at the effect of detail with less lines.
    I still have a long way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    This is < expletive deleted > AWESOME, man. The color, even this initial pass at it, really makes the details stand out and gives depth to the whole thing.
    I feel ya, man. This is me as well.
    I'm glad I did get more done early.
    Commissions are about to pull me away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    So beautifull... How long did you take to make it ? Is it already finished?

I am so slow lol , I took 9 hours only to make a small portion of map and not even finished...
    It's been more time than I planned. Not sure on the hour count, but it's easily been a week solid, or close to it.
    No, not done. Getting closer, but still a ways off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    It's two days or so, and I'm still speachless. 'started to comment at least 10 times and I just can't imagine anything but "wooow". Even the typography is perfect.
    Your maps are always my fav, but it's even better to follow your process
    Thank you Beee
    I am a fan of yours, as you know.
    I always find it such a pleasure to see how each of as at the Guild does what we do.
    We all work so differently, at least in some things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    So its time to start commenting on all these great maps popping up in the challenge.....

What can I say? I always love seeing your work. On a whole, your work always impresses me and this is no exception. The only thing that kills me is that you are able to get so much done in such a short time. What you've done with this so far would likely take me weeks if not months. Then again, if I didn't procrastinate so much....
    Thanks GW I procrastinate in other areas, like my taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    We don't know what to say anymore... it's such a great job! And so fast. You're really on another planet! My only regret: the very damaged scroll... It gives a real atmosphere to the whole thing, which is very good, but in quick reading, my eyes have been trapped several times by folds or holes. (but well, I say that, because you have to say something... otherwise, the word "perfect" loses its value because it is used too often to describe your work)
    Thanks Joel
    The old worn nature was a thing I considered when I started.
    I probably wouldn't have chosen this much, but Thomas wanted a Harlasea look, and I had been trying for more wear on Harlasea.

Here's a few progress shots.
    I'll put my wip pic in a new post so it shows accurately in the scraper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kanoba wip 01a-09[red].jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	113389--->Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kanoba wip 01a-11[red].jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	113390--->Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kanoba wip 01a-13[red].jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	113391
    Last edited by J.Edward; 02-12-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast