Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3D illustration of a sci-fi Japanese capital

How about it guys, after those very stylized navy ships, this is probably the practical designed starship I've ever created, and helps explains the mindset differences between the Colonial Navy, and the Colonial Merchant Spacers Guild (think merchant marine). This is the Trireme class CMSG gargantuan massive freighter. This ship shows a mixed cargo load, as all the cargo holds are external with 4 bays of container assemblies with 32 cargo containers each, 2 gas/liquid containers, and 2 bulk containers. Many ships have just one type, this has all three. Engineering and Tech shop at aft of ship, central corridor connects the the engines to the fore of the ship. The weapon platform is on the bottom of the ship with clear lines of sight for all attacking arcs. At the top is the pilot house, what merchant spacers call a bridge. At center is the crew areas.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	merchant-bulk-freighter.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	132874
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-26-2022 at 02:13 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I like your organic ships a lot, but dig this "been around the space block a few times" ship as well.

Thanks, rredmond! I just did a top down orthographic render of the ship, in case I decide to do a deck plan!

GP

Name:	merchant-bulk-freighter-topdown.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	132882
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-26-2022 at 02:06 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

I think this is a pretty cool shape for a ship too. Although I would not want to be standing on that gantry bit when they fire up the retro thrusters !

Note that gantry bit sits above the trajectory of the thruster, so it won't get burned when firing the retro drives, though you might still be thrown into the bulkhead when it does fire!

Anyway, on the product I'm doing these latest illustrations, everything is written and designed for it - I need to finish 3 faction/themes of the setting, stat 2 ships, do the deck plan for the Trireme - and this product is complete, at 32 pages plus covers, at a sellilng point of $2.99

However, I am about a third done with the first Mini-Setting Guide: Gemini Binary Stars, which need 2 world maps, 2 globe views, a section of city map, and a couple encounter scale maps, and a ship deck plan, and finish up the writing, so probably a week or two away from finishing that.

Once both guides are finished, I will release them simultaneously, and begin working on the next Mini-Series product: The Delphi Clerisy...

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-26-2022 at 02:08 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

While the Ysoki (ratlings) aren't indigenous to the Kronusverse, they are recent arrivals to the Delphi system, aboard a Ysoki Sphere Colony Base ship with a singularity drive at center creating a stable .98 Gs to those living aboard. They plan to settle one of the desert planets in the Delphi system...

Name:	ysoki-colony-ship.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	273.3 KB 
ID:	132892
    DrivethruRPG store

Once the Ysoki arrive at their destination, they will need craft to land on planets to settle them. This is their 300 ft. diameter landing ships, called Planeteers.

Name:	ysoki-ship.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	395.6 KB 
ID:	132896
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-28-2022 at 02:08 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

I like those ships in the last one there, they go along with something I've had in my head for a while now but haven't found any time or energy to work on. Cool

edit: Woops, I'm so far behind I was referring to an image way back with the ships that were like sea creatures.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Hey, Jax! I guess I post too often for you to keep up!

While I liked that sunset image, I needed something illustrative of a story more than a nice image...

The Ysoki Invasion of Delphi II. Although authorized by the Ecclesiastic Council of the Delphi Hegemony to immigrate to the unincorporated planet of Delphi II, in the Delphi star system. A small, population of criminal elements, squatters, and other outlaw types residing on small armed encampment on the planet with a crudely, prepared starport. These ysoki pilgrims from across the galaxy claim religious reasons for claiming the second planet of the Delphi system, to which the Ecclesiastic Council acknowledge, that prophecy speaks of a chosen people for that world, that they were awaiting their arrival. The ysoki are the chosen people of this world.

GP

Name:	Ysoki_Invasion.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	132931
    DrivethruRPG store

So having nothing to do with my last few posts, one of the illustrations I was using in the Kronusverse involved describing an event that lead to the formation of the Colonial government, and that was of an alien incursion occuring on a distant colony world, and the rest of the colonies formed a military and conducted 7 years of operations to get the aliens to leave - which they finally did. However, as an illustration, I just showed a bunch in space reading some kind of an attack, but otherwise a non-action scene. That didn't work. I needed to show an alien invasion, so I created this last night. It may be a little busy. Some of the alien's leg details are hidden in the busy-ness of the background, but this was my first attempt at this...

GP

Name:	annihilation.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	591.7 KB 
ID:	132937
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast