While I'm still doing 3D illustrations, I decided I needed this one for Trevor Gulliver's work on Chains of Purgatory, our prison/garbage world. These are watch stations in low orbit over this tainted atmosphere desert planet in an empty part of space. Instead of guards in the presence of inmates, all the inmates are free to roam the planet. Monthly supply drops are made across the planet, the population are free to govern themselves, how ever they want as long as they work salvage operations on planet with a quota, make no attempt to leave the planet, nor fly higher than a mile over the surface, no attempts to create weapons that could engage with orbiting stations. Each watch station has scanners pointing down to the planet and up into the space above it. Each station is approximately 200 km apart in both a longitudinal and latittudinal array completely covering the planet from poles to equator. Each watch station has crews for 3 small armed ships, or 6 fighter/interceptors, and a science officer to maintain the scanners aboard the platform. Any breaches of the rules from below, or any unfriendly ships that near the planet alert the crews for action above or below. Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watch-patrol.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	117920