This is the largest starship I've ever designed so far. This the Argos, a super colossal base ship with the colony ship framework. To give you a sense of scale, this ship is 396 miles long. That rotating torus/habitat ring measures (I did the math): 9.96 miles wide, 192 miles in diameter, and 603 miles in circumference, which is 5,991 square miles, at 90 occupants per square mile being the ideal non-urban population density, the torus holds a population just over 600,000 residents. I figure six cities of 50,000 evenly spaced around the circumference, with smaller communities of 5000 - 10,000 interspersed between them, with plenty of farmland, hills, forests, lakes and rivers. Using light effects the sky is blue, real clouds circulate overhead that can release rain, and an artificial sun rotating slower than the torus rotation to simulate the passing of a day. The rear "half" behind the torus is the engines (engineering and fuel processing), while the front "half" holds an extensive hanger for many transport ships, currently inoperable foundries, manufactories, industrial 3D printers, refineries that will be operational once the ship reaches it's destination. While the ship may eventually return to it's origin base, it is just as likely that the ship becomes permanent operational structure and colony at the colonial destination. I'm tentatively planning on doing the deck plans for this ship as well, including the torus as six regional maps measuring 9.96 x 100 miles each.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	argos.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	129803