Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing Findings...

'Round here, every day is Talk Like a Pirate Day.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's part of the initiation ritual
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

How do I always manage to post at the top of the page break? It's just weird.

I'd imagine that breaks all those links at WotC, too.

Post Actually, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I'd imagine that breaks all those links at WotC, too.
    Actually, no. The mods at Gleemax, managed to keep those maps, linked to by quotes from Seyon's posts, by the subsequent posts by guild members there, and thus hosted within Gleemax's system itself, rather than pointing links on the closed PB account.

However, the mods completely removed Seyon's posts otherwise, calling it a breach of the Code of Conduct, as a forum member on Gleemax.

Your linked maps in your post on that thread still point to those specific maps.

I know, because I checked.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-18-2009 at 04:23 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Firstly, I know the guy (IM NOT HIM)

Ill tell him that ur all ****ed.

He just knew from the people at the thread on WotC.

Hes in Middle School with me (hes 14)

He also took em' down himself (and the Photobucket site).

He was very distraught about the whole incident, and he did say in the first post that he got them from the Cartographer's Guild.

He also has no life.
    Last edited by IngIngsvar; 02-23-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IngIngsvar View Post
    Firstly, I know the guy (IM NOT HIM)

Ill tell him that ur all ****ed.

He just knew from the people at the thread on WotC.

Hes in Middle School with me (hes 14)

He also took em' down himself (and the Photobucket site).

He was very distraught about the whole incident, and he did say in the first post that he got them from the Cartographer's Guild.

He also has no life.
    Thanks for the information. Most of us here are fine with someone using our work in SOME cases. The big thing is that most people allow use IF for personal/non commercial use AND giving attribution(the photobucket account makes it seem as if he was the one doing the work)

Some of the maps posted here are actually not allowed to be redistributed as the artist has sold the rights. In those cases, some of the maps the fellow linked to could put him (his parents actually) into serious legal trouble as a few of those maps are owned by corporations(who gave permission for the artist to post to a specific site, here for example) and those corporations may end up contacting him. In general, if you find anything on the internet that you want to use, make sure who your getting it from has the legal ability to pass it on and you have the legal ability to use said stuff.

Now, with that said, if the kid (or you for that matter) wish to post up some work you did yourself and ask for help, feel free.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast