Thread: Looking for files and artist for these brushes for a medieval settlement map.

Question Looking for files and artist for these brushes for a medieval settlement map.

I was just about to try my hand at creating some medieval buildings for some settlement maps I want to create when I came across these symbols. I found them on Pinterest and followed the link back here. I would really like to use them in a series of maps, but would like to:

a) Find the actual files so that I don't have to work from this sheet.
    b) Verify the license on them and ensure I give proper credit.
    c) See if the artist has more brushes like them.

Thanks in advance.
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...7&d=1260809022

I can think of 6 artists, off the top of my head, that could have made those symbols. J.Edward, Naima, Honeybee, Tainotim, Mouse, and Mike Schley all come to mind, although I don't think it's Schley, it's not quite his style...

I'm not saying one of them made them... but it's a place to start. There are also a couple of forums here that you could look into to see if you can find them.... I would try city/town map making, mapping elements, and mapping resources.

It's also entirely possible that someone was making symbols for the various mapping programs like photoshop, gimp, cc3+, or any of the others. The symbols look similar to something that may have come out of a cc3+ annual, and I know that Profantasy has worked with some of the artists here, in the past. It's unlikely, but it is possible.

Other than that, maybe someone else here will recognize the symbols, or perhaps the style, and will be able to match them with the artist.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    I can think of 6 artists, off the top of my head, that could have made those symbols. J.Edward, Naima, Honeybee, Tainotim, Mouse, and Mike Schley all come to mind, although I don't think it's Schley, it's not quite his style...
    I doubt it's the work of any of them. Looks a bit like StarRaven's work to me...

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    I doubt it's the work of any of them. Looks a bit like StarRaven's work to me...

Wingshaw
    I agree, I don't think it's any of their work.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

They are by Ramah

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=8095&

EDIT: And thanks for thinking of me Storm! I don't think I've ever drawn anything as pretty as them

I did a Google image search using that exact image you linked to, found the Pinterest page and clicked the link to his thread. Image search is a really great way of locating stuff like that.
    Last edited by Mouse; 03-12-2019 at 11:03 AM.

That is funny, I just found them on pinterst this week and grabed them. Nice set.

I didn't even know you could pin anything other than a picture...

*shrug*