Thread: NewCanadaCartography coming over from Deviantart

Default NewCanadaCartography coming over from Deviantart

Hi fellow cartographers,

I am NewCanadaCartography and my intentions are to move over from Deviantart over to here. I am currently involved in a cartography guild on deviantart but after finding this site, I would prefer to relocate here.

My cartographic style is a creation of the state of New Canada for a background and design cities to my fit. Cartography came up as a hobby to keep me creative instead of lounging around and doing nothing. Cartography gives me the motion of actually completing something for my benefit and to share among others.

Most of my work in the past to recent has been mostly in MS Paint XP but I plan to learn additional programs as I think MS Paint may seem as low quality to others, even if I'm able to blend in topography and a road and transit network in a mix of colors. My most recent cartographic projects are to take a region of the United States and design it into a Grand Theft Auto themed style map. I have done this with the Midwest US as New Madrid, based on the semisic zone, and just recently with the Southern US as Gulf Atlantic, based on the coastal boundaries of the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.

I'm open to criticism, something that I take seriously to improve my cartographic ability. I could not get that at Deviantart so I hope to hear it here.

Welcome, NewCanadaCartography! This forum certainly has a more particular focus on cartography, so good choice coming over. Many have DA listed as a reference, so I would keep it around for promoting purposes. Good luck!