Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steamborn

Map Steamborn

Hey Guild !

Time to share a map I just finished for the novel trilogy "Steamborn" by Eric R. Asher : a steampunk world where giant spiders, beetles and scorpions roam around.

Usual information :
    - 11x8 inches,
    - Hand made in Photoshop CC2019 using a Cintiq pro 16,
    - Commissionned map for Steamborn Trilogy by Eric R. Asher.

"Map of Steamborn" - 2019
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Steamborn_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	114734

This commission was a splendid occasion to test my usual novel-style in a different and darker universe, and to play with different ambiances and colors (Kellerica, special mention to you !).
    As always, I hope you'll love it

And if you're interested, prints are available in my InPrnt gallery

I can't Rep , but I would like to , couse I will definitely copy this style ^L^ .... I love it !

Amazing work Beee. To open a book and see this map would be nothing short of mindblowing.

Cheers,
    Karl

Haha! What can I say but HELL YEAH!

Beautiful use of texture, heavy as it may be! The city icons are just amazing (I'll really have to try those at some point!) I also really enjoy the typography on this one, it's nice and decorative without going overboard. Great work as usual, B
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

*drooling* Just when you think you've seen Beee's best work, boom, another masterpiece. Stunning work! *continues drooling*

Another beautiful map Beee, I think you managed to capture the steampunk aesthetic despite your initial worries

Nicely done Beee
    Has a nice period feel to it.
    The locations are so nice.

Guild Apprentice

Very nice, I especially like the steampunky compass roses and the Belldorn art deco architecture (or that is what I'd call it, but I could be wrong).

Fantastic! Love the ornamentation of the border. Also, those sand dunes (I'm assuming that's what they are) in the dessert look very cool. Your work is always a treat.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    I can't Rep , but I would like to , couse I will definitely copy this style ^L^ .... I love it !
    Thief ! Get the thief !

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Amazing work Beee. To open a book and see this map would be nothing short of mindblowing.

Cheers,
    Karl
    Thanks Karl ! It sounds the client is happy with it, and I couldn't ask for more ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Haha! What can I say but HELL YEAH!

Beautiful use of texture, heavy as it may be! The city icons are just amazing (I'll really have to try those at some point!) I also really enjoy the typography on this one, it's nice and decorative without going overboard. Great work as usual, B
    'was quite fun to work on that texture. It wasn't planned at the begining : I think you saw the WIP map when it was my regular parchment background, but at the end of the process I just wanted to try something... well... heavier, as you said.
    Glad it worked and it's approved by the master of dark maps !

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    *drooling* Just when you think you've seen Beee's best work, boom, another masterpiece. Stunning work! *continues drooling*
    Hehe, thanks Adfor ! Let's see if I can do better soon ! It sounds I have some fun projects on my plate for the upcoming months ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    Another beautiful map Beee, I think you managed to capture the steampunk aesthetic despite your initial worries
    Thanks Ifrix ! I would not tell them 'worries'... more... 'frustration' ? I'm not accustomed to the steampunk style generally speaking, and it's less natural for me to find a good way to depict it or just getting inspired : I'm more familiar with Medieval, Renaissance or gothic styles, but practice always helps ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Nicely done Beee
    Has a nice period feel to it.
    The locations are so nice.
    Thanks J. !
    The towns icons were especially fun to design on this map. The client provided the book covers & some art he had for his world, which were good inspiration for them, especially for Bollwerk

Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Very nice, I especially like the steampunky compass roses and the Belldorn art deco architecture (or that is what I'd call it, but I could be wrong).
    Thanks Deed ! Yep, it's Art Deco, and I'm glad it's identifiable ! I didn't wanted something too contemporary, as some locations are more traditional med-fantasy looking

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Fantastic! Love the ornamentation of the border. Also, those sand dunes (I'm assuming that's what they are) in the dessert look very cool. Your work is always a treat.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    There's sand dunes, rocky deserts, cracks and cliffs, dry steppes, sterile lands... all I could imagine to make this huge desert more interesting to see and less boring to draw ^^
    Gla dyou love the borders, as it's my favorite part as well ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast