Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steamborn

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

As always an outstanding map!

Great map, once again !
    I love the color scheme & illustrations, for sure.
    It has some "Max" flair in it for mountains & forests, somehow (which is very cool!).

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    As always an outstanding map!
    Thanks Sapiento ! Glad you love it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map, once again !
    I love the color scheme & illustrations, for sure.
    It has some "Max" flair in it for mountains & forests, somehow (which is very cool!).
    Hehe, thanks Ilanthar ! I'm surprised with how I like this color scheme myself... no doubt I'll try to push this further in the future

Really nice map with a strong character ! I'm gonna believe you're partial to terra cotta tones Scheen Àrweit

Very different colours than you usually use, but I like it. The map is of course splendid, and I love the icons!

Hey Guild !

I can't find the thread where someone asked for a company able to engrave maps on wood, so I post it here, as it's related to Steamborn in this specific case
    So, I just had the author with who I collaborated on this project sending me this super cool pic of the map, laser etched on wood by Rick Miles in the GoneWithTheGrainShop.
    Always cool to see our maps on paper on in books, but that's a totally different feeling ^^'
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Steamborn_by_MistyBeee_Wood.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	953.7 KB 
ID:	116437

And while I'm here, and being very, very late... :

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Really nice map with a strong character ! I'm gonna believe you're partial to terra cotta tones Scheen Àrweit
    Vielmols merci !

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Very different colours than you usually use, but I like it. The map is of course splendid, and I love the icons!
    Thanks a lot, Daniel ! 'was really fun to explore something different, and I look forward to having another occasion for it
    Maybe very soon...? ^^

Great work, I really like the style and all the intricate detail on this one. I pretty sure I have seen some of your work in a few random places on the internet and I was always impressed with the quality, so basically I'm a fan.

Just out of interest, do you always draw maps completely by hand, or do you use some of the map generator programs as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Augustinas View Post
    Great work, I really like the style and all the intricate detail on this one. I pretty sure I have seen some of your work in a few random places on the internet and I was always impressed with the quality, so basically I'm a fan.

Just out of interest, do you always draw maps completely by hand, or do you use some of the map generator programs as well?
    My biggest thanks for the kind words, Augustinas !
    I'm pretty sure our paths crossed on DeviantArt, and I'm proud you know my work, as I know well yours and am a fan as well ^^

And to answer your question : oh, no, no map generator nor mapping programs, even for perspective. My maps are totally hand drawn with my beloved Cintiq in Photoshop only (probably because I'm too lazy to learn other softwares ). The maximum cheating I allow to myself is replication of some trees in this very specific style, which I rarely use anymore precisely because of that. Now I prefer drawing my forest all by hand, but in this specific case, those style for forest was a request from the client

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12