So I was recently contacted by the lead graphic designer at Paizo Publishing, creators of Pathfinder and Starfinder Roleplaying Games, about possibly doing freelance work to create map tiles for the Starfinder Flip-Tile product line. While I provided the graphic designer with samples of my sci-fi map work, I wanted to also provide specifically designed map tiles that would fit this commission precisely. I provided her with 2 samples, one an "L" turn tile for use in new starships or space stations. The second one, a "T" intersection for a rusty Industrial Complex map tile set. The Flip Tile sets, included full color, double sided printed to 6" x 6" card stock, with 42 printed cards, at double sided is 84 individual tile designs.

These were 3D modeled in Wings 3D, exported as an OBJ file, imported to Vue Creator, given textures, then rendered with an overhead point light. I used Xara Photo & Graphic Designer, my preferred vector drawing program to create the grids and to insure scaling for use as map tiles.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flip-tile-test-02.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	391.1 KB 
ID:	114802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flip-tile-test-03.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1,009.5 KB 
ID:	114803