Thread: I'm Mav - I'm currently making software for making maps!

Default I'm Mav - I'm currently making software for making maps!

Hi everyone!

I'm new here - CG was recommended to me a little while ago by a friend. Lovely to be here, it looks like a fantastic place.

I'm not new to worldbuilding, I've been building a persistent universe since I was about 17.

I'm currently creating a desktop application for sculpting and painting maps. The software uses gradients and biome information to colourize height data, and while it's primarily a painting program, it comes with a set of generators and effects. I look forward to posting about it in the near future.

Blog Entries

Hi Mavichist, your painting software to texture up height data sounds particularly interesting to me since I have written a tool to do exactly that too. I think the best example I can give of mine working is this one: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=38872 but id love to hear about how yours works and its capabilities. So looking forward to your future posts. If you start a new thread about it then link it in on this one too and then ill not miss it !

Hey Red, I love the look of what you're putting together, especially the wave animation its awesome. I think we might be working on different kinds of software though, the results with mine are a little different. I look forward to posting a bit of a gallery so everyone can have a look ^^

I'm on my phone at the moment but I'll probably be able to get a thread going in the software subforum tonight.