Thread: April/May Lite Challenge: Andersstader

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Map April/May Lite Challenge: Andersstader

Andersstader is the home of a man named Anders. He had a house built of turf walls with wooden paneling and an inner timber frame. His house was in a prime landslide area though and at least once a landslide weakened the building, piling up earth on the far side.
    Poor Anders was exiled from his house and country, it was something about killing a few of his neighbors and the remaining neighbors not liking it. He always claimed that they were making up the claims and had no proof, for how could they have proof when the bodies were missing? It is also a real coincidence that almost as soon as he left another landslide totaled the house, burying any further evidence.
    Several different theories have been passed around as to where the bodies of the neighbors disappeared to, this being one of them. However, the truth is now buried too deep to discover and by now Anders is a safe distance away...

This is an idea I got when reading about the archaeological site of Eiriksstadir in Iceland, the supposed home of Eirikr the Red, before he was exiled for killing his neighbors. The rest I just made up. The style of the building in general will be similar to the 'viking'/icelandic buildings of the time, with the turf walls, central hearth, and benches along the walls (and the wooden frame to help with the contrast between the turf & inside). The secret room however does not fit in archaeologically but it is a cool idea all the same!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Andersstader... Secret room challenge.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	115500

Cool idea for a structure map!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Cool idea for a structure map!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you! I am glad that you like it and it was fun to draw.