Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sambria: Night and Day

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

I can't pass along more reputation to you yet but this day and night style is truly wonderful plus I love the ambience here.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Crane View Post
    I can't pass along more reputation to you yet but this day and night style is truly wonderful plus I love the ambience here.
    Thanks anyway Also, thanks for the kind words.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Hi XCali. What's the story behind the glowing trees? I thought it was lamps and towns before I zoomed in. The map is really interesting, especially the unusual detail, like whatever it is that lurks in the bottom left corner.

I agree with the posts above, it's a great map congrats. I love the day night treatment, it's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    Hi XCali. What's the story behind the glowing trees? I thought it was lamps and towns before I zoomed in. The map is really interesting, especially the unusual detail, like whatever it is that lurks in the bottom left corner.
    Oh! I don't if I missed these posts, sorry about not replying.
    The glowing trees are called Morning Trees, they come in all shapes and sizes, also different kinds of trees. It becomes clear the trees that become Morning trees are not bound to a single species of trees, but by the energy of the world that entwines itself with them. There are many mysteries around them, one being why a lot of monsters of the night fear the light from the trees and the utility they grant regarding the affinity items in the world. If you are curious, you can read my web novel of the same name, NoS.
    The detail in the bottom left corner is the Lantern Fish that roam the waters of the dark sea, though instead of small fish, they are quite monstrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomb View Post
    I agree with the posts above, it's a great map congrats. I love the day night treatment, it's beautiful.
    Glad you like it!

My web novels
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~ Psalm 19

Hi there, I wanted to update this thread just a bit. I wanted to have my night map pop just a bit more and it ended up looking quite a bit more like I wanted it too, so boosted the day version too, but let me know if it works better for you all?

Also, can any D&D fans tell me if maps like this would work well for a campaign?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sambria_Night__v2b_byOmri.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	4.38 MB 
ID:	123984

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sambria_Day__v2b_ByOmri.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	4.92 MB 
ID:	123985

My web novels
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Thanks Bogie.

Hey, you're big on the TTRPG stuff, I was wondering what kind of things is helpful on a region or continent map for a campaign? I hoping to create something that enhances that experience.
    Oh man! I lost track of this one and it has taken me a year to answer your question, Sorry!
    You have designed this map with a good balance of the things I like in a campaign map. Lots of varied terrain, if I need a swamp there may be one nearby or the terrain leaves me room to add it where I need it.
    You have detailed some cities and other features to give me a starting point and some places to go, but left me lots of room to add the cities and towns as the party finds them. If I find a random adventure I want to run I can easily find a nearby place to locate it.
    So I guess the main thing I like is a good looking map with a decent amount of details and yet the flexibility to customize it!
    And you nailed it with this great map!

Ha, when I first saw this I thought it was some Monkey Island 2 map The colour palette is really similar -which means I like it.
    Even the font reminds me to it.
    Think it's a very good map, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Oh man! I lost track of this one and it has taken me a year to answer your question, Sorry!
    You have designed this map with a good balance of the things I like in a campaign map. Lots of varied terrain, if I need a swamp there may be one nearby or the terrain leaves me room to add it where I need it.
    You have detailed some cities and other features to give me a starting point and some places to go, but left me lots of room to add the cities and towns as the party finds them. If I find a random adventure I want to run I can easily find a nearby place to locate it.
    So I guess the main thing I like is a good looking map with a decent amount of details and yet the flexibility to customize it!
    And you nailed it with this great map!
    Thank you so much for this feedback! Really it is incredibly useful. I've been quite keen on learning what I need do with my maps to make it 'Adventure' friendly. It means a lot to get a few hints.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretton View Post
    Ha, when I first saw this I thought it was some Monkey Island 2 map The colour palette is really similar -which means I like it.
    Even the font reminds me to it.
    Think it's a very good map, by the way.
    Hehe, monkey Island, quite the blast from the past
    And thank you!

My web novels
    ~ Psalm 19

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12