Thread: climate and biome help

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Question climate and biome help

this is my map that i am working on. the big dark area is suppose to be a desert, however, apparently the mountains and the longitude/latitude of that region would make it a tropical Jungle. I can alter the size and rotation of the main land mass if i have to, but do not know in which way i should do that. the area south east of the big dark region registers as a desert, and i'd rather it not be. i don't mind if that area has a jungle, as long as the majority of it is not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SediNoBorders1316.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	115857

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61963009_2264071593860523_6242420238122483712_n.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	435.4 KB 
ID:	115858

can anyone help me with placement? I can give more information if it is needed. the size of the world is 37,271 miles in circumference. and i can give a brief description of each of the regions and the climate in which they should be.

This is a pet peeve of mine, i have a few chapters of a book already written out based on this world and have just recently learned that the map doesn't make sense in the manner.

This playlist was very helpful to me for getting started it can help you get an idea of how where you place your land relative to winds and latitudes affects the climate. What program did you use for your map though, it looks useful as it would save a lot of guess work about temperatures and the like.