Thread: Commissioning a Dungeon Map for publishing in 5e

Post Commissioning a Dungeon Map for publishing in 5e

Hi there! I'm an amateur game designer, looking to publish my first module on DM's Guild for D&D 5e. While I have the writing down cold, I don't consider myself much of an artist or cartographer, so I'm looking for a mapmaker to make sure the dungeon gets the proper treatment it and the readers deserve!

There are 2 main parts this project breaks down to:

1. An exterior encounter crossing a river moat to the dungeon entrance, leading into the dungeon itself, which is a fairly basic layout

2. The penultimate and final encounters, consisting of several individual chambers that aren't connected directly and a final hub room.

Design-wise, I'm looking for a top down battlegrid view in color, at least for part 1 and the final room of part 2. Further specifications and access to the rough design doc will be provided on interest in the project. Rates are negotiable though generally I would looking to pay half on commission and half on completion of the map(s). While not a hard deadline, I would like to have this completed in the next few weeks so I can begin final layout of the module document for publishing within the next month.

If you'd like further details, please reach out and I'd be happy to discuss things further!

I'd be interested in working with you. You can find my fantasy map D&D 5E maps here, as well as maps for other games, books, and more. Due to the module not being released yet, not all of my dungeon grid maps are released. Check out this demonic dungeon and also this hell landscape and this witch's den in a tree, all of which were designed for a module (but not available publicly in my portfolio yet).

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hi, I am very interested in knowing more. Do you have an email I can contact you at?

Hello Matev,

I'm a map-maker with several years' experience, and my portfolio is here: http://www.ryansthomason.com/Mapmaking/. If you like what you see, get in touch with me via ryan@ryansthomason.com and I can get you a detailed quote.

Hi Matev, I'd also be interested in working on this project with you. My portfolio can be found at https://kate_moody.artstation.com, and if you find my style works for you please feel free to send me an email at kateam@optonline.net.

Thank you all so much for the replies! I'll be getting in touch in the next couple days to do consults and get quotes and figure out who the best fit's going to be. (Normally I'd prefer to be more prompt, but I'm working overnight for the next couple weeks so I apologize if there's a slight gap in communications

Guild Member Facebook Connected Bryan G. McWhirter's Avatar

Hello! I'm interested in your project, please take a look at my site, Cartography.Games. My emai is bryan@cartography.games