Thread: Bluewater Keep

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry for the delay. My modem died (it was only ten years old) and I just received a the replacement.

I tried sketching the walls, but drawing/sketching has never been in my skill set. Never will be either. My mind just doesn't work well in only two dimensions.
    So I dropped back to doing it with lines and paths.
    Here's my interpretation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bluewater Keep by Tiana with markup.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	117179

(I fiddled with the two rear towers to match my aesthetics - no need for you to do that. And I made all of the front towers square.)

And as an extra bonus, here is a transparent PNG with just my mark-up lines

Name:	Bluewater Keep markup lines.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	311.5 KB 
ID:	117180

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Anyway, I've always wanted to ask the significance of your avatar.
    My avatar is a wood turning.
    More specifically, it is a 2 inch sphere turned from aspen and inscribed with two sets of three rings each (and three grooves for each ring). The rings are painted to form interlocking rings, Celtic knot style. The outer rings are painted in the primary colors (red, yellow, blue). The narrower inner rings are the secondary colors (orange, green, purple). In the photograph it looks like the larger front lines magically change into the secondary lines - it took a bit of fiddling to get the sphere positioned right...

I did a bunch of inscribed spheres about twelve years ago and this is one of my favorites. It's simple and colorful.

As an avatar, it describes my primary interest - traditional three-dimensional art: wood turning, pottery, with a spattering of other three-dimensional techniques and media.
    I first used it as my avatar on deviantArt and then decided to use the same image here. (Just like my cryptic user name.)

Here is an old picture of the same sphere and two other spheres from a different angle

Name:	Balls 019.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	766.1 KB 
ID:	117181
    Last edited by bkh1914; 08-22-2019 at 10:23 PM. Reason: add picture of spheres