Thread: A1 Map of a gem-based shrine ruin + annex for private tabletop rpg session

Default A1 Map of a gem-based shrine ruin + annex for private tabletop rpg session

[EDITED for change in needs and to fit budget]
    I am looking for an artist that can work out an A3-sized map (11x7) depicting the inside of a forgotten underwater shrine (possibly but not necessarily) with a ruined village annex.

The theme is the following: the shrine used to contain a portal to an elemental plane of water.
    It was guarded by an ancient gem (topaz) dragon, so the gem element should be present.

Another detail I have in mind: right outside the shrine was a village of people devoted to the preservation of the religious monument.
    Both shrine and village are now ruined. Not the entirety of the village must necessarily be shown, and we can discuss about making two different maps instead of one.

I would need this by mid/end of October 2019, if possible. I understand the time is not a lot.
    If time allows just the creation of the Shrine map, that works for me.
    This is meant to be printed and I realised that if it makes is easier I do not necessarily need a vector version of the map.

Please be patient: I have never done a commission like this before, so I am learning as we go.

Thank you very much, I am looking forward to see your amazing creations :-)
    Last edited by lylethorngage; 09-24-2019 at 03:47 AM.

Hello Lyle,

I can make a hand-drawn 20" x 30" map for you - my portfolio is here: http://www.ryansthomason.com/Mapmaking/, and if my style suits I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com

Quote Originally Posted by lylethorngage View Post
    I am looking for an artist that can work out an A1-sized map depicting the inside of a forgotten underwater shrine and with a ruined village annex.

The theme is the following: the shrine used to be one of the pillars sustaining the multiverse, and used to contain a portal to an elemental plane of water. It guarded by an ancient gem (topaz) dragon, so the gem element should be present.
    Another detail I have in mind: right outside the shrine was a village of people devoted to the preservation of the religious monument.
    Both shrine and village are now ruined. Not the entirety of the village must necessarily be shown, and we can discuss about making two different maps instead of one.

I would need this by mid October 2019, if possible. I understand the time is not a lot. If time allows just the creation of the Shrine map, that works for me.
    The style does not really matter, but it should not be too "cartoony". This is meant to be printed and I would prefer a vector version of the map.

Thank you very much, I am looking forward to see your amazing creations :-)
    Is this a paid commission?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarketography View Post
    Is this a paid commission?
    Yes it is.
    I realised I need much less than originally asked. An 11x7 map of the shrine will be enough and should fit my budget. I will update the original posting.
    I did not put an offer due to sheer ignorance on pricing.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

HI Lyle - Also interested in the commision
    You can see a selection of my maps and average pricing over on the website

Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    HI Lyle - Also interested in the commision
    You can see a selection of my maps and average pricing over on the website
    Hi Eri, I wrote you directly through your website. I like your work, thanks for your interest!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

Heya, sent you a pm as well.. sorry to say but the mail client on my website has been a pain lately and i didn't receive the message. I've fixed the issue now so could you please resend, or alternatively message me at erinh84@gmail.com