Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
I'm very sorry about Duncan, Tiana. As a mad cat lover myself, I have experienced the loss of cats before. I think it is particularly sad that, these majestic animals, often lose their dignity towards the end. It sounds like Duncan was able to preserve his dignity, though, which is good. I rarely use photographic assets, but if the opportunity arises, I will include this in my work.

Wingshaw
Oh, I can't imagine you using it in your work since you're a grand illustrator and not a photobasher, but thank you for the kind words. Although speaking for myself I do totally custom illustrative work sometimes, and other times I just schluck stock together, it can be fun playing with assets when you're not trying to do something "important" but just make a fun game piece.

Indeed, he was mostly dignified, he just slowed down, it was only the last few days that he began losing control of his functions, until all he could do was fall over if I set him down, and move about a meter before exhaustedly lying back down to catch his breath. He was still crossing the house on his own power a couple days before he died. I do feel quite bad that the final night he had, while I snuggled him until I had to go to sleep, I set him down on a little memory foam mattress he often snoozed on and came upstairs to find he'd wet himself on it and it had dried on him. I should've been there to clean him up sooner but I was sleeping. The only thing he ever complained about was missing his litter box as he declined... he would head there and just not quite make it. But even the very last time I picked him up, he still snuggled his head in, even though he couldn't move his limbs anymore. He was happier being there. If I'd have brought him out of the house he would have tensed up even if he didn't have the strength to hide. So he never got the final terrifying trip to the vet and just got to fall asleep in the best place in his opinion instead. He hated cars so much. He was my first cat, and the only one with the power to make me see cats for what they truly are. It sucks. I'm glad you've had the chance to love some great cats too. I'm okay but it's fried my ability to draw and I keep being randomly sad again. I can do my drudgework but the creative work is not coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
Farewell, Sweet Duncan. May flights of feline angels yowl you to your rest.

Condolences, Tiana. You expect to outlive a cat, but you still miss them when they go. Bless you for taking an older cat. Animals, like humans, are much harder to get adopted when they are older.

Thank you for sharing a little bit of Duncan. I've been meaning to try out some maps to use the assets posted on CG, so I will hope to include him.
Farewell indeed. A damn good cat. I'm sure he's a tiger in heaven now, fierce and huge and free. I have never heard of a cat being so well behaved so I'm kinda terrified of what cat the second will look like but hopefully his spirit will guide me to another gentle loving cat who will thrive in my quiet home. I knew I would outlive him, yes. That was never in question in my mind, what a tragedy had it been the other way. I selected an adult for that very reason and likely as not I will be adopting another adult cat... possibly today. D: I got to hold a friend's cat earlier but Ima need my cat fix again soon! I had it in my mind that I would adopt an adult or senior black cat (since I know they are the least likely to be adopted), but the way he went and immediately hid under the cage when I let him out and we had to like, try lure him out before we got in trouble for letting the cat out freely, well, that spoke to me. I was like, "this is my cat. He hates being here. He will terrify the mice."

I met a super friendly black cat on my previous visit but she shows so well I think she's already been adopted, and well, I'm more inclined to adopt a cat that doesn't show well... someone who's gonna be left behind if I don't say, "hey you hate everything about this onslaught of visitors touching and poking you, you're perfect!"

There are some contenders. My best friend has found the UGLIEST cat. It's amazing how ugly she is. It just makes me laugh thinking about how awful she looks. Like you see Duncan and you're like "aww there's a dignified old man cat" and you see this cat and you're like "OH THAT FACE o_o" and there are some sibling pairs too, we'll see. If I adopted a kid it would be a non-baby as well, some kid that made me go "damnit you need a home you might as well just live with me", someone who feels like a reject. Like, all right, take me to your quiet artist in the corner with the books who doesn't think anyone wants them because they're old and not cute, I'll take that kid, I don't want a baby.

Good luck making some maps! Thanks for the kind words!