Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Finished Maps Thumbs

Blog Entries

Yeah, long time no update. The issues are a) it takes a long time to do the indexing, fetching and checking and since the new host move the site is a bit more flakey than it used to be so if it bails out on getting the page or image then it would likely corrupt the thumb of it and b) more importantly, since the move I have lost my FTP access to the site which arcana gave me so I cant upload all the resulting thumb pics even if it did get them all. So the finished and choice thumbs are not being updated until those two can be resolved.

In terms of sorting by type - absolutely ! Id like that too. But I don't know how to classify them. Id need something on the page to tell me what group they are in. But yeah, in principle it could be done.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yep.. aware of that - maybe one could make either sub-forums or just make sure everybody followed a naming convention, for instance "Region map - Mountain Realms" - I'm guessing the sub-forums would be easier. I would be glad to help moving or registering all the maps and assigning them to a sub-forum - no prob.

It would of course be cool if the thumbs were added automatically when a thread was created in the finished map sections... so you didn't have to do i manually - that would of course be possible to programme, but way out of my abilities..
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Ok updated today which is 5/7/2010.

Blog Entries

yeah.. I'm in the finished maps section good job Redrobes
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

How great is it to walk through these finished maps?! Brings back some great memories and got to see some surprises that I hadn't seen before.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Is there a way to seek out maps created for specific things, such as for Space/futuristic maps or those for a particular D&D world that people have done? Also how do we tell what program they used to make the map?

Blog Entries

try using the search function to search for specific stuff, if people tagged their maps you might find what you need. Concerning what programs used you have to read the thread for the map (or the WIP thread for the same map) and hope its mentioned there - or simply ask the cartographer
    We hope to get the finished maps more organized with time, but we both need the right software and a lot of sorting work to get there.
    regs tilt

Blog Entries

It is true that our finished maps are sorted by person instead of a number of more useful things. We could do this if we had some more tags against all of the finished maps but we dont so an automated script has no idea about what the map is. I also run a number of other scripts for the site one of which is the keyword index which you can see in my sig or its on the top menus somewhere - extra links - or similar. Anyway that sorts the threads of the whole guild looking for keywords like scifi or space or by software used. The keyword must be in the title however so theres loads of threads missing from it. Still, thats a good place to start. There is also the tagging mechanism so you can look for specific tags using the advanced search features. I think we all agree tho that having better categorizing of the finished maps would be a good idea.

Sadly, the map links all appear to lead to dead ends. Did I just happen to pick the dead ones or do any lead to the actual maps?

Guild Adept

Quote Originally Posted by sus323 View Post
    Sadly, the map links all appear to lead to dead ends. Did I just happen to pick the dead ones or do any lead to the actual maps?
    Just stumbled upon this too. However, when I looked at the Choice thread there was an instructionto remove the "forum." from the beginning of the URL. I tried it and I am able to see the maps.

Damn fine maps in this collection too.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast