Thread: requesting help from admin

Default requesting help from admin

Good evening,

I am post this as way of providing information. I posted a request for a map and was contacted by an member who agreed to take on the job. They took half payment up front with a deadline of 22 Nov 19. they asked for an extension to the first week of Dec 19 to which I have agreed. I have not heard from them since 24 Nov 19. I know this is not the type of thing this group is known for so I wanted to advise you of this possible fraud. The member that took my money was Joshua Eisenberg. If this is an inappropriate posting please remove it. Like I said I believe this is an exception not the norm for members of the guild. Thank you for your time.

Joe Conaway

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Well, ****. For everybody's sake I hope this gets resolved quickly.

Blog Entries

Ok, I hear ya. I'l open a discussion with the mods. But you all have to understand that your deals done for map making requests are made between members and you take your own risks based on their historic ability to provide commissions in the past. Also we also have to understand that some members, including some high profile prolific posters, just stop and go off grid sometimes. Maybe they get burn out, maybe their PC blows up and they lose data, maybe they get hospitalized - we never know ! It could be that he wanted to complete your commission but was unable. So obviously we would like to hear from Joshua too and maybe we can resolve this.

I doubt it's an intentional fraud. I imagine there's not an artist here who hasn't experienced some incident of time being consumed by tragedy and a deadline going unmet, it's just how they choose to handle it that matters. If you paid via Paypal you can open a refund request at this point, and you can always email and say you would like to take your business elsewhere if you don't hear back within x amount of time. Sometimes as a commissioner you do have to be annoying, it is okay to send repeated messages and reminders if you're not hearing back. Hopefully you get your map soon and hopefully nothing terrible has happened to Joshua. However, this is the usual set up I see when it happens that an artist has been stricken with an illness or a family tragedy. One of my artist friends recently died young. Had a stroke. Bam. Very sad. Hope Joshua is okay.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!