Thread: Mouse's stuff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I have to admit... I'm terrified of Blender. I mean, jeez, I don't even know where to start.
    Start with one of the basic courses by Blender Guru on Youtube. When I did it years ago I used his donut one from back then, I imagine his new donut playlist is just as good. But he's gt a few beginner series if you look on his channel. What I did was just sat down and went through step by step as he did, pausing the video for each step. It requires a lot of time, I'd budget about two or three times the length of the video for each video.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes
    I really must put myself through the blender once again now with its V2.8 UI. The old one was hopeless but I am assured that the new one is much better and much more consistent. I know its a great app. The only thing that was letting it down was its UI and if that has been fixed it should be on my list of apps I use.
    It's better in very many ways (and of course with some new annoyances all it's own, especially for people used to the old), but it is still just as extremely complicated. I think the only way to get through it is baby steps, but just head down one foot in front of the other. The program is so ridiculously useful though that it really is worthwhile to learn.
    Last edited by Falconius; 11-03-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Start with one of the basic courses by Blender Guru on Youtube. When I did it years ago I used his donut one from back then, I imagine his new donut playlist is just as good. But he's gt a few beginner series if you look on his channel. What I did was just sat down and went through step by step as he did, pausing the video for each step. It requires a lot of time, I'd budget about two or three times the length of the video for each video.

It's better in very many ways (and of course with some new annoyances all it's own, especially for people used to the old), but it is still just as extremely complicated. I think the only way to get through it is baby steps, but just head down one foot in front of the other. The program is so ridiculously useful though that it really is worthwhile to learn.
    I agree with everything you said. Tutorials, and follow along. Its how I started. I have always used real textures in my mapping. I made like 1 or 2 maps in CC3 before I was trying to create realistic textures in GIMP, then stuck with GIMP. And ended up on Blender for trees, as they were the hardest asset to find in good resolution. Its really incredible what can be done. I have only scratched the surface, but has been fun.