Thread: Imaginary World Map for Epic Fantasy Book

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Imaginary World Map for Epic Fantasy Book

Hi all,

I am looking to commission a map for an epic fantasy book I'm (finally!) publishing this year.
    I hope the following details are clear enough for you to have a general idea of the project I have in mind.

Project Scope:
    This is a map of an imaginary world to illustrate my soon to be published epic fantasy book.
    I’ve tried to make a map myself using the GIMP software but unfortunately I lack the talent to produce a high quality map that can be published. You can see my version attached, as well as the hand drawn map I made some 15 years ago.

Setting:
    “Map of Vandiar and its Kingdoms”.

Design Concept:
    I’d like a medieval style map that can clearly convey the names of the kingdoms, cities, rivers, etc. written in a Celtic like font. It is important to have borders between different kingdoms. A compass rose and a template of a coat of arms in which to write the name of the map and some details about it are also crucial elements. I’m not sure about the scale, though.
    I’m looking for something resembling the style of the map that can be found in this Forum in the topic “the City-Kingdoms of the Hareshk” (City-Kingdoms of the Hareshk). It doesn’t need to be so detailed, but something inspired by this amazing work.

Number of maps:
    One world map of Vandiar.

Technical:
    300 dpi jpg or png file.
    Full colour map.

Copyright:
    I would like the reproduction rights to the map. The artist will retain copyright and I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes. Of course the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio and will be credited for his work.

Deadline:
    29 February 2020.

Payment:
    $200, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final files.
    A copy of the book.

Contact
    Jorge D. M. Mateus
    jorge(dot)dm(dot)mateus(at)gmail (dot)com

Please drop me an email instead of Private Messages.
    I hope you find this project interesting. I'll be happy to answer further questions.
    Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 - Preliminar Map.jpg 
Views:	745 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	119700   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 - Hand drawn Map.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	6.33 MB 
ID:	119699