Thread: World Map for a fantasy world

Default World Map for a fantasy world

Hello everyone.

I have been referred to this forum in order to potentially commission a cartographer in order to get a map of my fantasy world done. Below, you will find the information regarding this commission.

Layout
    This map will need two continents, a western and an eastern one, as well as an island on the northern side of the map. The rest of the map is filled by an ocean. The two continents are separated by the ocean.

Western continent
    - Mostly composed of forests and plains.
    - Separated, roughly in the middle, by a mountain range.
    - The shape needs to be as close as possible to a dragon seen flying from above, like so: https://image.shutterstock.com/z/sto...1231482829.jpg. It doesn't need to be a carbon copy (that would look strange for a landmass), but the general shape of it should be evocative of that dragon.

Eastern continent
    - This continent actually needs to be represented as a complex series of underground tunnels.
    - At least one of the tunnels needs to lead out to the ocean (so the people there can have at least one port town).
    - The shape of this continent is vaguely crescent-shaped, compared to its western companion which is thicker. A little bit like a dragon seen from the side: https://image.shutterstock.com/image...1381009979.jpg. Same as above, an exact replica isn't what I'm looking for; more an evocation of a dragon from the side.

Island
    - Large enough to contain a large city (100'000 people) and basically nothing else on it. That's it; no other topological considerations here.

Ocean
    - If, roughly between the two continents, a large zone of mist could be represented, that'd be helpful. Otherwise, I'll just add it in myself later.

Style
    I'm not married to any particular style of map. I'm open to any suggestions.

Technical information
    I will need this map in as high a resolution as possible, because I will likely zoom on it often.
    It will be used pretty much exclusively to be displayed on web-based applications (specifically Roll20 and World Anvil).
    I will not be needing any cities marked on this map, because I will mark them myself.

Price limit
    I'm willing to go quite high to get a high quality map done to my specifications (up to 300$, higher rates can be negotiated). When you contact me, be sure to include what you would price this commission at, and I will tell you if that is acceptable or not.

Time limit
    I do not have a time limit for this project, though I suppose I would prefer it done in the first trimester of this year.

Copyright
    I will not be using this map for commercial purposes, but I will use it often and likely apply (small) modifications to it over time. I do not mind the map being shared or used in the artist's portfolio.

Contact
    If you are interested, please contact me at the following address: Frederic.Liard.Swiss AT gmail.com. Replace the AT with an @. Please note that I am European and may not answer immediately, but I will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Hope to hear from somebody willing to undertake this project!
    Last edited by CardBearer; 01-09-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Just sent you some mail!

Okay, well, that didn't take long at all. Thank you to everyone that sent me an e-mail, I have already picked someone for the job. This thread can now be archived. Thanks again!

I sent you an email.