Thread: Looking for new B&W continent map for use in Fantasy Novel

Default Looking for new B&W continent map for use in Fantasy Novel

Hey guys, been a few years. I had previously worked with a Maxime Plasse who I met here. Here's the work he did for me:

https://www.deviantart.com/maximepla...rius-490368681

Unfortunately I can't seem to get ahold of Max anymore, and it's time to release the sequel novel. I'm going to need a new map of a different continent, but I'd like it to be a very similar style to the work done for the first novel, insomuch as that is possible considering the artist change. I'll need this print and professional quality. The previous designs were 1800x2700 pixels, that seemed to be pretty much perfect for the book layout.

I was hoping to pay about $300 for this work, but I'm flexible on price. I also might be interested in paying extra for the copyright, if you can advise me what the difference there will be. I'll be paying via PayPal.

I don't currently have the full design brief or my own sketch ready, I need to go through my notes and gather that, I had just read on here that you can expect "up to a month" for responses, so I wanted to go ahead and plant the seed while I gather that information. I can say, though, that it will be very similar in nature to the "Itrius" map done by Max in that link above.

There are no major time constraints here, though I'd like to see the work finished within 3 months.

I can be reached privately at "abaddononion+map" at gmail dot com.

Hi there

I may be interested in this project. Have a look at my portfolio on DA or my HP.
    I can make something similar to what Max had done in the past.
    If you like my work please contact me at n.horizons.cc [at] gmail [dot] com

Cheers
    Last edited by Voolf; 01-27-2020 at 05:02 AM.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Hey Voolf... apparently I didn't get my email for your reply... not sure what's up with that. Looks like you directly emailed me though so I've got it!

But to anyone else: apparently I'm not updates for replies here. I'm probably using an old email address or something with my account, not sure. At any rate, it's better to email me directly.

Also, I've already gotten several responses and my co-author has been going through them all. I haven't been able to follow up (I'm busy with two other jobs right now), but I'm going to try to catch up with everyone this weekend and go through all of my co-author's notes. So far, though, his general reaction has been "wow there are way too many great entries here to know how even narrow down a top 3".

So this isn't really a surprise (it was true last time we did this, several years ago), but I just wanted to say, it really seems like the Cartography community here is really just top-notch. We appreciate all of the interest and look forward to working with one of you! For anyone we don't choose, don't feel bad... it doesn't mean you weren't the best, it probably just means you weren't the one we threw our dart at on the dartboard once we gave up trying to make a real decision. =)

Hi,

If you are still looking for artists and I'm interest in your offer.
    Here you can check some of my work

https://www.deviantart.com/thedwarfa.../69837542/maps

I will be sending you an email just in case.

Regards,

Sergio

i'm sorry to hear plans fell through fine work though! i hope you find someone along the same lines

Ive chosen a cartography now, thanks to everyone who sent offers... so many great ones.

I'm trying to figure out how to update the thread so that it says it's closed...

EDIT: ah, read the guide, apparently moderators handle that. Okay, this commission is taken! Thanks again!
    Last edited by abaddononion; 02-03-2020 at 12:25 PM.