I remember when I first joined the Guild and got my first rep, it was a pretty good feeling. At the start, I was almost having an unofficial competition with JosiahVE (who joined at almost the same time) to see who could get the most. We kept jumping ahead of one another and that was quite fun!

Having said that, that only lasted a few months, because of our various activity and also because the huge amounts of rep available kinda made it tricky as our maps both got better. I like to give rep now and again, because I remember and appreciate when it was given to me particularly at the start, but equally there definitely is an inflation problem!!

I think Voolf's suggestion of a +1 power across the board would definitely solve the problem, but I can understand if some think it too drastic (it was nice getting those sudden injections of rep that boosted the little green bar!!) A rep power cap might be the way forwards, but it's hard to know what that cap should be. The longevity power boost is kinda a cool idea along with the post boost, but as I said it's hard to know what numbers are right, though your last suggestion Redrobes sounds like it could work:

"So *if* we agreed that the rep should be between +20 and a cap of +100 for example then the scale needs to reflect the amount of bonus rep to about +20 and then +1 per 60 days on the forum, or +1 per 1000 rep, or +1 per 100 posts or thereabouts."

Also: new avatar sizes!!!