Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
Top all time poster is Ravells at about 11,000. Longest member here is obviously Robbie at about 2006. Highest Rep member is J.Edwards at about 85,000 or so. I think that the top 50 longest serving members should have max rep power, the top 50 posters should also and the top rep people too. So *if* we agreed that the rep should be between +20 and a cap of +100 for example then the scale needs to reflect the amount of bonus rep to about +20 and then +1 per 60 days on the forum, or +1 per 1000 rep, or +1 per 100 posts or thereabouts. Those kinds of values would even it out much more than +1 for this +1 for that and +275 for the current rep value like we have at present. J.Edward can hit a new member with one rep hit and they jump 8 levels out of 10. Its madness where we are at the mo.
This seems still way to complicated. As I see it, every user that is past 5 post should have same rep power without any rising number. I also don't need the levels. Just the number of reputation.

Btw. J.E. will probably now refrain from giving rep away even more after reading this