For my part, I really like being able to express approval or admiration for a post or a map. Being able to add a few words is just as essential.

So I'm very attached to the REP system: for me, who doesn't have a very good opinion of myself as a cartographer, it's a real encouragement to keep going, to try to progress... I can say that it's a real driving force and I'm extremely grateful to the guild members who gave me rep and/or added a little word.

I'm also extremely happy to be able to give some: I'm not native english speaking, the work doesn't leave me as much time as I would like to participate in discussions, post a comment that manages to make it clear what I like (and what I like less) about a map. REP allows me to do this in a few words.

I didn't have a complete understanding of how it worked, now that I know more, there may be an imbalance, but it will never take away the pleasure I get from giving or receiving REP. I think it's very important to keep an approval system, which can be circumstantiated with a few words, but avoids negative points.