Thread: Lovecraftian Adventure - Farrow Mansion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip 2nd Floor, Flooring Completed

I am relatively happy with how the flooring looks, although it always looks better with furniture and rugs on top. I am interested in anyone's opinion on the "carpet" textures used in some of the rooms. I think that they come across as carpet, but I'm not sure if that's because I've been staring at it for so long.

I still need to place shadow on the staircase to push the lower steps to the 1st floor and add the doors/thresholds to finish up my "base layer" to then place the furniture. I am aware some of the rooms are blocked off by walls, these are "secret" or "hidden" rooms and will have a way to access them through levers, the ol' book trick, and some "painting doors."

I am also including an updated 1st floor image with some of the assets that Tiana posted (thank you!).

**Full list of Attributions for both 1st and 2nd floor**

- Neyjour: all of the vases (except the one to the direct north of the double door), the mushrooms and fungi (from Deep Woods and Fantasy Fungi), and the awesome grey tiles (a mod on Bogie's tiles) in the kitchen/storage area, trinkets and poweder containers, shovels

- Bogie: all items not specified as contributed by others (includes: chairs, tables, couches, benches, plates, utensils, stove, hand baskets, crates, barrels, jars, jugs, teapots, chests, cups, trays, plates, coins, rugs, doors, the foot-boards below the doors, books, bookshelves, lanterns, statues, stage, preset workshop table, chimney on the second floor, stairs on the second floor other than double staircase), the carpet pattern on the 1st floor and the cool grey & black diamond tiles

- Tiana: woven baskets, wood working tools, axe, wagon wheel, hammer, leather gloves, metal buckets, bristle brush, axe in stump, percolator/coffee pot, leather stool

- Greytale: green, Victorian-style sofa

- Lokistics: "tavern wall" set for stable/carriage house walls

- Sockydm: the stone texture/wall pieces used for the fireplace and towers

- Ftourini: the blank paper texture/sheet of paper image, the wood texture for the front deck steps

- DM142 (Devianart): a few bookshelves

- Vintyri Project: roofing tiles

- Borysses: wood patterns

- Ransie: wood patterns

- J Owen: wood pattern

- Waldkunst (Pixabay): tile pattern, modified to be seamless

- Birmingham Museum Trust: carpet pattern

- Engin Akyurt (Pixabay): carpet pattern

- PB/Probono: candles, scrolls, and books

- Dundjinni Forums / Bogie's Cartographer's Guild thread for Mapping Elements: cabinets and a few bookshelves

- Edwin Pijpe (on FreeImages.com): some old book stock photos that were turned into png format

- Smithsonian Open Access Images: old newspaper images

- RPG Mapshare: the rug on the top of the staircase / on the balcony, a few of the tables, the waste baskets, the couch/sofa in the dining room, a few of the books, the blank scrolls, the golden goblets, the wall tapestries, the glass and gold container in the lab, the potions, and whoever made this (https://rpgmapshare.com/piwigo/galle...28/category/38) which served as a starting point for the wooden walls which were based on a set of free "Tavern" walls from Lokistics over on deviantart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st floor - updated.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	122006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd floor - flooring complete.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	122005  
    Last edited by Hermit; 04-21-2020 at 04:13 PM.