Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teacup's Atlas

Incredible project! I can't wait to see it develop!

You could consider using "green stuff" it's an air dry clay used for miniature modelling - try googling "warhammer green stuff" or "army painter green stuff". Very expensive, so covering a globe might be tough - but as a medium I think it'd work well. Definitely worth a doing a media trial.

Guild Member Facebook Connected sarawinter's Avatar

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Shamension View Post
    Incredible project! I can't wait to see it develop!

You could consider using "green stuff" it's an air dry clay used for miniature modelling - try googling "warhammer green stuff" or "army painter green stuff". Very expensive, so covering a globe might be tough - but as a medium I think it'd work well. Definitely worth a doing a media trial.
    Thanks! And for the tip

I bought a jar of Liquitex Modeling Paste according to @Vigilus' suggestion and it is working really well

Quite amazingy well actually... It has a slightly sandy texture and smells a little strange, but it sticks very well to the surface of the globe. The surface is relatively matte which I think is why it sticks so well. I was actually able to sandpaper the paste after it had dried to smooth out some areas that were too rough.

I have not yet decided if I want to make the ocean floors textured too, we'll see.

Here are some pictures:

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200919_205417.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	125051
    Before sand papering.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200919_205750.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	125052
    After sand papering.

I cant wait to color this in
    Last edited by sarawinter; 09-20-2020 at 04:45 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Looking good! Save all the touch up details for the very end to save a lot of time. Obsessing over every little detail at this stage is a little pointless. One obsessive pass at the end is all you need!

Guild Member Facebook Connected sarawinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilus View Post
    Looking good! Save all the touch up details for the very end to save a lot of time. Obsessing over every little detail at this stage is a little pointless. One obsessive pass at the end is all you need!
    Haha! Good tip! I will keep that in mind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12