Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Building and Tracking

Default I am a bit late but...

If you are into worldbuilding, worldanvil has a great website that allowes you to structure your thoughts. The site can be overwhelming at first, but you dont need to study it for too long before you can start jotting your ideas down, it also helps you connect your different ideas.

The most attractive thing for you here though is probably the map function. You can upload images of your map, tag areas and make sub areas you can click on and display information.

You can read more about it here: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/WorldAnvilCodex/a/maps

Hope it was of help

As this is your only post, it makes me wonder about your motives. Note that World Anvil is a pay per month and highly advertised program so I wouldn't doubt they hire people to make posts for them.

What project has enticed you to use World Anvil? Tell us about your maps! or the maps you love!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    As this is your only post, it makes me wonder about your motives. Note that World Anvil is a pay per month and highly advertised program so I wouldn't doubt they hire people to make posts for them.

What project has enticed you to use World Anvil? Tell us about your maps! or the maps you love!
    I am trying them out right now for the setting I am working on (Aralun) and their free version is okay. The downsides are that in free, everything is public so you can't put up anything that you don't want your players or the public to see. And from the RPG side if they don't have a template for the game you are using you have to pay to be able to develop one (!), which has made it really just a place to store general information for me. If you are a novelist or similar I can't see the free version being much good as you generally don't want the public reading everything that you post, again unless youwere just using it for a record of places and other general setting information.

If you were just looking for a place to organize your thoughts with no concern of public being able to view it, the free version might be ok. I can't speak to the paid side since I was turned off by their model of paying for community developed content.

- E
    Content available for use under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12