Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World of Mystara Gazetteer Maps (CC3+)

Guild Member

Map

GAZ8, the Five Shires, is complete! While I spent an hour searching for some hobbit-style hillside-home symbols, every picture of the hin (halfling) settlements were above ground, pretty basic looking villages and towns, so I stuck with the regular symbol set. Outside of that decision this was a pretty simple one to do--pretty small and the terrain didn't overlap too badly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Five Shires.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	996.4 KB 
ID:	122120
    "We all take our risks, down here in the dungeon." --Bargle

Guild Member

Map The Minrothad Guilds (GAZ9)

This was another simpler map; mostly water, with several small islands. Took longer to trace the land masses than it did to do anything else.

Name:	Minrothad Guilds.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	122149

Guild Member

Map Broken Lands (GAZ10 Orcs of Thar)

Definitely a very weird gazetteer, but a pretty basic wasteland map to make. It was so small I decided to knock this one out today before switching to campaign prep stuff through Wednesday.

Name:	The Broken Lands.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	850.4 KB 
ID:	122159

Guild Member

I love your work! Always been a fan of Mystara & your remapping takes it to the next level! Been thinking of putting together a pnp campaign using modified d6 rules, my own take on the world & the Mystarra setting...gonna be using your maps I'm pretty sure. They ROCK!!! Really bring the world to life!

Great maps. Cc3+ is a great program.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Xorne View Post
    I've been creating the nation maps from the gazetteer (GAZ) series of BECMI modules in the world of Mystara for my 5E campaign in that setting, and want to share my work with everyone. I'll reply with a separate post for each map.

Each map is using an 8-mile per hex scale, created in Campaign Cartographer 3+, using the Mike Schley style set. I don't have an artistic bone in my body, so without the work of Thorfinn's hex maps I wouldn't have known how to start. I like the Schley style a lot so I've been sticking with it. I export the maps at 72 pixels per hex for use in a VTT (Fantasy Grounds) and using a 60% JPG quality to keep the file size down without sacrificing much resolution. Some of the maps are really big though and have gotten dropped down to a 30% JPG quality, but I'll always post the 60% here.

I'm also going to include a link to my Mystara Gazetteers Album in this top post. Enjoy!
    These are gorgeous. I have always loved the Mystara setting.

Would it be possible to get even higher-resolution images of these maps? When I zoom in on the 60% JPG quality images, I can see some artifacts that would be great to omit when displaying them. Also, I'd love to be able to print some of these out for personal use if that is something you'd be comfortable with me doing.

Wow, this is just fantastic.

I was searching the net for CC3 files of The Known World, and while this doesn't give those files, these are beautiful maps. Thank you for sharing, and I apologise if I've done some thread necromancy. This thread was literally number 1 on the search result though. So well done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12