Thread: Astoria, an Olympian Campaign

Map Astoria, an Olympian Campaign

This map began two years ago when I started out playing Dungeons and Dragons and I wanted to create my own homebrew campaign with the mystical world of Greek mythology and heroes.

I created the first map using macaroni and cheese to draw out the maps outline including the mega-continent of Astoria, where most of the action of the campaign takes place. The second map I simply traced over most of the continent from the original map and added some more refined touches to the mega-islands including Vlisor, ancestral home to the Giants, and Xiloxara, the island nation of the Dragonborns and Dragons working together. Finally we come to my latest iteration of the map using Inkarnate subscription service to detail out the main mega-continent of Astoria.

From the twin Human cities of Promethea and Epimethea; one ruled by magic and power, the other a god-fearing and worshiping magicless city. To the scorched desert of the Tiefling capital of Desloth with the swirling sands around a permanent reminder to the Elves of hospitality rights they violated. Now they reside in the northern section of their once great Elysium forest that spread almost from north to south in the now primary Eilsys. All to the west sit the twin kingdoms of the Dwarves: Mordrum and Gremmor standing near the two Twin Volcanoes that reign over the whole of the land. The random letters around the map are the different main temples to the main Grecian Gods.

This is my first real map I've ever made and my first post so let me know what y'all think and thanks for the space to have some others look at the thing I've held dear for what feels like ages now. I also play on Fantasy Grounds with my campaign.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2270[1].JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	121827Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2271[1].JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	4.98 MB 
ID:	121828Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Astoria (GM)(1).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	121826

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Another excellent use for Macaroni and Cheese (an amazing food sources as well!)! The map looks really nice and the overall shape is great!
    Welcome to the guild!