Thread: Happy Anniversary!!!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Default Happy Anniversary!!!

Just popped on and saw in was the Guild's 14th anniversary, so thought I'd use it as an excuse to make a post and check in on everyone!

I joined shortly before the 10th anniversary and been an on/off active member since. One of the early things I did on the Guild was take part in the 10th Anniversary Guild World which was a fantastic experience and something it'd be nice to do again (not sure about this year, but maybe 15 has got the right ring to it !) Anyway, that's not really what this post is about.

I just wanted to thank the community for being such a great resource, having such a great atmosphere and I don't think that would be possible without all the really great and active members. All the Community Leaders make that possible with all their work behind the scenes and it is largely to them I give thanks, whether they're an long-standing member or a relatively new one!!

It's of course them and the rest of the community too who have posted such fabulous and inspirational maps, so I've (quickly) put together a list of 14 maps posted since I've been a member that have really inspired me across the years. Apologies if I've missed anyone off, this was a little bit last minute...

Kingkel - by MistyBeee
    Valoria - by MistyBeee
    Gnosis - by Max
    The Elder Isles - by Max
    The Land of Farsin - by J.Edward
    Skenara - by J.Edward
    City of Bladewater - by J.Edward
    Imperial Bannarith - by Diamond
    Dal-Nagul - by Voolf
    Kinebrach Verymensis - by Daelin
    Domhantyr World Map - by Ilanthar
    Towers - by ThomasR
    Middle Earth - by FrancescaBaerald
    Map of the Inner Sea - by vorropohaiah

Hopefully, somebody reading this may have missed these and can be inspired just as I was. AND these are only maps posted since I was a member, I have so many more incredible pieces in my inspirational folder from before then and plenty more from then too!

All in all, stay safe everyone, keep mapping away if you can, and of course HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Happy anniversary!

I wish I had the time to do something more festive, but I'm too swamped at work to actually put anything together... But I too just wanted to take a little moment to thank everyone who makes this Guild what it is. This little forum dedicated to my silly little hobby means way more to me than it probably should, and I'm always thankful to be a part of it.

Love y'all - Happy Guild Day!

I will have to agree with Greg, by the way - we should do something next year at the 15 year milestone, yeah?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Thank Kell, I wish I had some celebratory Guild map to share, but I always forget the anniversary until the point we're right on top of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    we should do something next year at the 15 year milestone, yeah?
    Definitely! I think the city maps were a little ambitious (I will finish mine eventually... ), but off the back of the GuildWorld, who could blame us for trying. Maybe another GuildWorld jigsaw or a Guild Country with more detail. Who knows?

...and btw, you're one of those CL's so extra special thanks being sent your way!

Happy anniversary guild.
    Big thanks to founders and CLs for keep running this forum, and of course to all members for making it the best possible place for all map enthusiasts to hang around.

Cheers!
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Happy Anniversary!
    Strange to think I've only been on here 2 years.

Echoing the thanks to all the CLs and all the inspiring, talented mapmakers who post incredible stuff each day. Would definitely be fun to see something done for the 15th anniversary

Happy Anniversary!

How time flies... Thanks everyone for being part of such a great mappy place.