Thread: Fantasy city map for a private DnD campaign

Default Fantasy city map for a private DnD campaign

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here and English isn't my first language, so please just let me know if there is anything wrong or unclear with it.

In my private homebrew DnD campaign I somehow managed to create maps for whole continents with the very limited amount of artistic skill I have, but I never even dared to try and make something as complicated as a city map. As it happens there is a specific city where a lot of the story takes place, which is in dire need of a map. That's where I definitely need the help of someone who actually knows what they're doing

My budget for this project is up to 100$, but depending on the quality I can imagine going a little bit higher than that. Since I am living in Europe I guess PayPal would be the easiest way for payment to happen all over the world. If the artist also happens to be from around here I can also offer a classic bank transfer.

This is the city we're talking about: Academia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Academia.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	122726

It is the capital city of the continent and during the last couple hundred years slowly prospered around the centre island. The academy is the reason the two bridges were built in the first place and more people started to settle at the shore on each side of the lake.

As for the style I am looking for I don't have an unshakable vision or something, but if it ended up looking like this for example I would be more than happy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e66810992bda1d2cbc598133113f60e6.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	831.1 KB 
ID:	122588

We won't be working with a time limit, so there wouldn't be a rush to finish the project at all.

If you are interested in working with me just let me know here or over at my deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/alavana. I would also be available through my Discord Alavan#7144 to discuss more details.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Academia Close Up.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	122589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Academy.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	756.2 KB 
ID:	122587  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-18-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Hello Alavan,

I'm a Scottish map-maker with several years experience, including hand-drawn city maps, and I'd be able to produce something like your example there - if my style suits, I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

Hi, Alavan, I'm willing to make this map for you. My fantasy maps.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

Hi there, Currently available for commissions and you can see a collection of my city maps here - My rates would be a bit more than the 100 dollars though, feel free to message me further at ErinH84 at gmail (dot) com or #Eri7193 on discord.

Hi Alavan!
    I'm interested, sent you an invite over Discord, I'm Durlock#6880

I've found someone to work with. Thanks everyone for applying!