Hey All. I am the new guy.
And this is my first post. glad to have joined!

This is my (kinda never-ending WIP) regional map for my home-brew game of D&D.

It is all done in Photoshop, I did not use any height map - this piece is all texture and satellite imagery based compositing.
I spend around 25 hours researching and collecting images from NASA, google.earth and other such sites and afterwards spend around 35+ hours just editing the f* out of it.
Blending, tweaking, color corrections and implementing different techniques and brushes to create this pseudo-realistic look.

I designed the iconography myself as well, and spend around 5 hours in illustrator to do so. It is visually based on medieval heraldic, but with a more modern, minimalistic approach in terms of overall design.
The typography is a combination of 3 fonts I meshed together, but I didn't create them by myself.
The naming is a combination of generator wordplays and an older nothern Germanlanguage called "Plattdeutsch".

I only uploaded a 1332x1776px by 74dpi Version - the originally the map is 5400x7000px by 300dpi.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200512_DND_Duesterbruch_Map_74dpi.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	122601
I hope you like it - I will keep on editing and fine tuning the textures and look of the overall map. But so far, I am quite pleased with the result I archived.
Feedback is very welcome by the way.