Thread: 45º41'37.3''n - 00º51'02.8''w

Guild Member

Map 45º41'37.3''n - 00º51'02.8''w

You can arrive in this incredible maritime location by train or by boat.
    Some axis of the eastern boroughs are streets at low tide and canals at high tide.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45º41'37.3%22N - 00º51'02.8%22W.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	809.3 KB 
ID:	123248

https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...1&d=1591190471

That is a very cool style, almost like abstract form. Splendid.

Guild Member

Map Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    That is a very cool style, almost like abstract form. Splendid.
    Thank you very much

It reminds me of some contemporary art works like Miró's painting during his calligraphic stage. It's no minor achievement, there's a very interesting fluency of shape and line in your drawings. I really like the results.
    Could you give some background on the place?
    I think at some point a legend may be needed, too, as the meaning of some symbols and graphics might stay unclear, at least to me.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bretton View Post
    It reminds me of some contemporary art works like Miró's painting during his calligraphic stage. It's no minor achievement, there's a very interesting fluency of shape and line in your drawings. I really like the results.
    Could you give some background on the place?
    I think at some point a legend may be needed, too, as the meaning of some symbols and graphics might stay unclear, at least to me.
    Thank you for having taken some time to appreciate and comment the map !
    As written in the description, you can arrive in this city by train or by boat and some axis of the eastern boroughs are streets at low tide and canals at high tide and, basically, it was this last vision I mainly wanted to represent. I'm not totally satisfied by the result : on this scale (supposingly 1/50,000 - decimal system) and with the chosen graphical codes (those of the French topographic map), the reading of this originality is not necessarily obvious at first.
    You may note the generic form of archipelago is a Portuguese heart, with a desert and an almost desert islands. It represents the sick heart of my late father. The geographical coordinates are those, cat, of his tomb.

Oooh, oh. Something new here ! Original, interesting, very promising. Welcome aboard, Kishkindha ! Our eyes are wide open ^^