Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: [WIP] Building a world from tectonics onward

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    Definitely not sick of these yet
    Thanks, Charerg, that at least makes one of us What comes next is an interesting question. Tbh I never thought I'd make it this far, so having to consider what to do once these maps are done is a bit of an outstanding question.

While I could continue painting individual mountain valleys for the rest of my natural life--mountains are such a pain...--I'm going to post this next update here as some self-encouragement to hopefully move on (temporarily?) to working on some other landmasses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	val_finished_sat_5.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	8.04 MB 
ID:	137387 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	val_finished_clim.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	137388

The climates came out of both ExoPlaSim and the tutorial here--the full climate map is earlier in this thread; this landmass lies between ~15 and 30 S and has a large continent off to the west just out of frame--so that doesn't concern me too much. After all, coastal deserts really aren't that uncommon given that Baja California, Chile, Western Australia, Western Sahara, and Namibia all have them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBragg View Post
    The climates came out of both ExoPlaSim and the tutorial here--the full climate map is earlier in this thread; this landmass lies between ~15 and 30 S and has a large continent off to the west just out of frame--so that doesn't concern me too much. After all, coastal deserts really aren't that uncommon given that Baja California, Chile, Western Australia, Western Sahara, and Namibia all have them.
    I referred to equatorial coasts that lie on ICTZ route.

And current WIP on a much larger landmass. Still tweaking some of the tropical forest regions, but this seemed done enough for a public preview.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incog_sat_4.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	8.78 MB 
ID:	137333 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incog_clim.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	578.4 KB 
ID:	137334

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213