Alright, so I've been working on developing a tectonic model for my world for a while now and think I finally have a rough draft that isn't too embarrassing to show. My goal is to get something that plausibly follows the "rules of tectonics" that I can then use as a base for determining geography, climates, etc. The model is probably a bit on the simple side right now, and the coasts here are still a very rough draft (plus this resolution made blobs out of my island arcs...), but at this stage I think the plate motions and interactions make sense; the colors follow the standard scheme--blue = subduction, red = divergent, green = transform, pink = convergent (orange is for old / failed rifts). The plates are named after departed cabinet secretaries since finding proper names is another project and, like their namesakes, any of these current plates could come and go without warning

With Plate Labels
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	draftTectonics_1_names.png 
Views:	344 
Size:	356.1 KB 
ID:	123367

Without Plate Labels
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	draftTectonics_1.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	259.7 KB 
ID:	123368

I'd be really curious to hear if anyone has any comments / critiques on this tectonic model before I move on to refining the coasts and/or trying to add some more "interesting" tectonic regions and/or beginning to get started on working out everything needed for climates. Thanks in advance!