So I know this is an idea that has been thrown around in challenge suggestions a few times but I felt deserved a little more discourse than just a poll.

The idea is to have 2 (or more) people work on the same map. This could be fun for a challenge yes, but also for any 2 cartographers from the forum with some free time, or even a fun idea to do with a partner/friend long distance.
Now there are programs online that do let you work on a drawing at the same time however from the few I've seen they do tend to be limited in features. I also feel for this we would have to assume that both are comfortable using the same software (or not, for certain interpretations)

I've been thining about it and trying to find old threads where this may have come up and found a few ideas:
  • Pass the PSD. Work a little on a file, then send it over to the other person to do a little more on it. You could approach this with no initial plan and let the world grow from the individual contributions or both plan it together beforehand
  • Make 2 maps. Create 2 separate maps but both depict the same (collaboratively designed) land in different styles. There is an interesting variant on this where you each map from the point of view of neighbouring countries
  • Guildworld it. Each pick a country in a landmass and each draw that in your own style. While still fun I feel this doesn't have much collaboration in it
  • Commission each other. This one has been done in challenges before and yielded great results so always a fun option

Anyway, these are just a few ideas I came up with/across so interested in hearing other suggestions and opinions on this