Thread: [WIP] Green Moon Geology Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [WIP] Green Moon Geology Map

Oilà!
    Finally my fist attempt to show something! (sorry for the bad english, as usual)
    I'm working on this world (earthlike, built with tectonic software as a base and lot of guessing and artistic license) the name actually isn't the name of the world, but of the project; i'm planning to do some conlang so the actual name of the world will come later, i hope!
    I'm trying to build a geological map of the world, as a base for the placement of the mountain ranges and to be more realistic possible in the shaping of the continents. (Coasts, lakes and islands are still in "unrefined" state, so i gonna detail them soon)
    I've used this as a base, for the colours and symbols, and to see if something is actually possible on earth.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GeolMonde3.1_2014_imageLR.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	124157

I almost finished the easy part: oceans! Some correction is due here and there; but i don't think i'm gonna change much.
    Next step: placement of Shields, Platforms, Basins and Orogeny, to define more precisely where i will place the single patch of rock types.

Comments, advice, criticism (have pity ) are welcomed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prova Geologia.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	124158
    Last edited by Michi il Disperso; 07-29-2020 at 04:35 PM.