Thread: Atlas Awards discussion/suggestions/feedback

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

@Chickpea's post from 2:15 PM

I wasn't suggesting the names I was using be the definitive names of the categories, rather just using them to illustrate my definitions.

It may be there is no real solution, no easy fix to categorize this sort of stuff, after all it's not something so easily categorized. I don't particularly think that maps should not win multiple categories, but I do feel they shouldn't so easily do it. I do think there is merit in my suggestion that the best overall map not have specific nominations but are from all the maps in the previous categories.

I like your categories. The problems I see are that sci fi or modern style maps simply will not win Large or Local and will also not win any of the "Best" categories. Sci-fi and modern may need their own category in the same way that B/W does.

The oscars split things up by different technical aspects, like best actor best director, maybe we should look to something like that. Like best line art, best iconography, best painting, best labeling, best narrative?
    Last edited by Falconius; 08-04-2020 at 02:10 PM. Reason: This was in reply to Chickpea, I have no idea why it's in front of Chickpea's post now.