Thread: Seeking Worldmasters for Cooperative, Commercial Mega Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey Wingshaw, it's all right. I'm a game designer, feedback should be exactly like what you're giving me. Have you experienced/studied Star Citizen and their success in detail? I have. This project is analogous to that in some ways.

So you already have multiple maps made with fleshed out worlds, that's great! Having them in globe form allows you to sell them in a new way. You're right, that doesn't generate revenue inherently, people have to value what they are buying. Your IP will do that, as will association with the Orbis Orr project. You'll know the strength of this concept by how well received my game Verrago: The Fantasy Globe Game (https://linktr.ee/veridianworldcrafters) is received on Kickstarter.
    You'd be gaining benefits from selling because of the awesomeness factor of building an orrery in your living room.
    This preselling of art is exactly how Star Citizen has the funding it has. You have a physical, professionally made product that will be on a market. Once it's on the market, advertise it, sell it. It's your IP, grow it. I'm giving you a hand up in this process at the start and I'm only asking for a small % of the pie, much smaller than a regular "publisher". This is the best deal you're going to get if you want to go in this direction.

This is a new way of thinking about monetizing, so naturally your first instinct is NO, because you don't understand that. That's why I'm starting this process early, so eventually you'll see that it's actually worthy of a solid YES. There's only a win win scenario here as far as getting a product to market. Once there it's up to you and me to help it succeed in our different ways. Kinda like an App store. Verrago will help it make much more sense once it's released on Kickstarter, I have a lot of explanations planned. This is a Low risk(not a lot of money required to get this project rolling), low reward type scenario, with the potential to get bigger. I have many ideas on how to grow my product, but I'm not sharing anything at the moment.

Thanks for your interest!
    Last edited by Vigilus; 09-11-2020 at 04:40 AM.