Thread: Rotating equirectangular maps (G'mic script, GIMP and Krita) + Sinusoidal projection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A request to publish a g'mic script as a maintainer of g'mic-qt

Hi, OP

Considering that you have described the process of making this through matrice mathematics and conversion from spherical coordinates to planar coordinates and mentioned that these scripts are public domain. I would like to let you know that I will push the filters into the g'mic-qt filter as I learned they're public domain. It should be seen within gmic-community@github in a day or two so that other users can access this via g'mic-qt plugin within Krita/GIMP/Paint.NET.

Thank you so much for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reptorian View Post
    Hi, OP

Considering that you have described the process of making this through matrice mathematics and conversion from spherical coordinates to planar coordinates and mentioned that these scripts are public domain. I would like to let you know that I will push the filters into the g'mic-qt filter as I learned they're public domain. It should be seen within gmic-community@github in a day or two so that other users can access this via g'mic-qt plugin within Krita/GIMP/Paint.NET.

Thank you so much for this.
    No problem! I am currently torturing myself with a script that I hope will let me generate equal-area pseudo-cylindrical projections. I've already made a simpler script that let's me generate "naive" 'triangular' projections, one of which is the Eckert I projection. I'll put a pastebin here with the triangular script:

https://pastebin.com/NKN9VEE4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eckert1.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	124616

In case you don't get my response over reddit, I am working on improving your work pertaining to g'mic-qt. These will be what I'll be doing:

1. Improve performance by eliminating redundancy.
    2. Making it better by changing code to address issues.

Then, I will leave comments after I pushed so you can understand what I did.