Magna Costra

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magna Costra (shaded).jpg 
Views:	1035 
Size:	6.06 MB 
ID:	124562

Hi folks, I keep forgetting to share my maps here but someone reminded me so I'll try make more of an effort.

This is Magna Costra, elevated city (that's what I've been calling this angled map, if anyone has a better word I'd be grateful)

Every map I make is in the world of one of my patrons, in this case it's Kyle P. The name is originally Magna Castra (from the latin for great fort) but he changed it because: fantasy! &#128516
I'm sure this is the same for many of you: when I map, I feel like I want to crawl into the page and wander around. All time and space disappears. It's truly immersive. I like to come up with stories as I post WIPs and when I post the final version, here's some of my musings (includes Kyle in the story, who is my guide in his world):

"Capital punishment in Magna Costra is dependent on the diving and swimming ability of the condemned. Most criminals do not survive the fall, or are crushed against the rocks by the oncoming waves. When we docked at the harbour, I noticed that some of the locals looked at Kyle like they had seen a ghost, but soon the silence gave way to greetings and then cheering. He had arrived home to a heroes welcome. Only the guards remained silent... local laws protected him from being punished twice for the same crime..."

Hope you enjoy the map (it's free for personal use). Here are my methods:

Hand drawn and inked on watercolour paper
Pens: Copic Multiliners 0.03 to 0.35
Scanned at 1200dpi
Shading added in photoshop

Here are some close ups of the high res version (20000x14000px)

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	124563

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	124564