Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a map for an RPG campaign

Default Need a map for an RPG campaign

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for someone with more skills than I, to help me with a map for my next D&D campaign. I've tried making something in Inkarnate myself, but I've come to realize my creative powers are stronger in storytelling than mapmaking.

I have a world map that I've attached below, and I need a detailed close up of the highlighted section.
    The area is a lush jungle, spread across a large river delta. The rivers on the world map are just approximations, so it does not have to match up exactly to the map i need
    As it's a fantasy map the more details you add the better: crumbling ruins, wrecked ships and cave entrances all help make the area feel full of life and adventure!

I'm not quite sure how much to pay for something like this (i have no idea how many hours it'll take!), so if you are interested I would like some examples of your work, along with an estimate of your costs (you can PM me your price if you'd prefer)

The piece is for personal use only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marzhera_WM.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	248.0 KB 
ID:	124705

I would be happy to help you with this! I will PM you with specifics. My portfolio is here.

You can't use the PM system until you hit 5 posts, but toy can email me at greendinomaps@gmail.com

My rates are reasonable!

Cheers.
    Last edited by greendino; 08-31-2020 at 05:07 PM.
    Dungeon master, World Builder, and Mapmaker.
    Taking Commissions
    View my Portfolio
    Contact me at greendinomaps@gmail.com

Hello Xiatra
    I m interested in your project. You can see my portfolio here.
    You can contact me at xploringmap@gmail.com

Hello there I would be interested in your project. You can see some of my past work here. If you are interested in my work please do send me and email to my email at ralarismaps@gmail.com and I would be happy to discuss what exactly you would like get you a sketch and sort out a price that could work for both of us.

Thanks!

Kay

RalarisMaps

Hi Xiatra, I'd also be interested in working with you on this project. You can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com/, if you like my style feel free to email me at kateam@optonline.net.

Hope to hear from you.

Kate

Guild Novice

Hello there!

LeslieAnn here from Lizard Ink Maps! I’d love to help you out with this project!

Here is my portfolio if you would like to take a look! https://www.lizardinkmaps.com/portfolio

Feel free to email me at leslieann@lizardinkmaps.com for specifics if you’re interested!

Cheers!

Here is a magnificent river delta I'm working on for a client right now! This sample cannot yet be found in my portfolio, which is available for your perusal after September first begins due to bandwidth constraints on my end. Fantasy map custom portfolio.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	river delta demo from ouru map.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	124720

Also, I am happy to insert and make up as many details as you would like. You want cool ruins, wrecks, and one of a kind add-ins, I will do those for a standard priced map! Not a budget map though. We're looking at a base starting price of around $150 USD for a printer paper map for your RPG session use if you want some inventive ruins and a twisted unique and complicated ribbon delta river. I'll just make up all kinds of cool things because that's what I do. You do NOT need to tell me what to do if you don't have ideas for everything, I fill it in from my own imagination!

My rates are reasonable!
    What Greendino means, actually, is that they have not yet learned to appreciate the value of their own time. You can and should charge more than you're planning to, Greendino, and you'll be pleasantly surprised that you will close some of those sales and then you'll get to spend more time and make some art you're really proud of instead of just okay with. Yes, you COULD whip this commission off super cheap because of the scale, but, that would come at a loss of the unique ruins and caves and hulls of wrecked ships and really imaginative meandering. I know what your rates are, and you should charge double what you're imagining because your maps are good enough to do three digit quotes.

Don't exploit them. If you choose to hire Greendino and they give you a quote that seems tiny in comparison to mine, please remember that it's not uncommon for maps to be priced upwards of $400-$800 for beautiful custom commercially viable work. My pricing is extremely standard for non-professional maps for RPGs, and I see dozens of people giving quotes in exactly the same range as I give. See: Ralaris' portfolio right above mine. Consider paying them more along the lines of what I requested if you hire them, so that they can sink some real hours in and actually create a standout portfolio piece with your unique river delta with its remains of civilization past. One of my favorite tropes, it deserves a few solid hours sunk in instead of just doing a quick delta on the edge of a region...

I'm Ti, and I'd like to draw your map, but more than that, I'd like young enthusiastic upstarts to get paid fairly and I know based on Greendino's posts that they don't fairly value their work yet. (Ralaris is right in the ballpark though! Same with the Lizard Ink duo)

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hello, Xiatra!

I would love to participate in this project! You can see my portfolio here - https://www.artstation.com/vb_maps and here - https://www.instagram.com/vb.maps/

If you are interested feel free to contact me at vdm.bulgakov@gmail.com and we can discuss a price

Thank you in advance

Hello Xiatra,

I'm currently taking commissions and as a former D&D player (no more time to play these days �� ) I'm always interested in this kind of maps.

Please take a look at my work on the links below where you will find different styles of maps.

Here are my profiles
    https://www.instagram.com/sergio_colautti/?hl=en
    https://www.deviantart.com/thedwarfa.../69837542/maps
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...p?albumid=5559

You can contact me at sergiocolauttiart@gmail.com to discuss in detail.

Cheers,

Sergio
    Last edited by TheDwarf; 09-01-2020 at 01:26 AM.

Thanks to everyone for the overwhelming interest! I did not realize i could not use the PM feature just yet

I'm in the process of looking over portfolios and will reach out to interested parties today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast