Thread: B2 Caves of Chaos Area Map

Wip B2 Caves of Chaos Area Map

I finished up the surface area of the Caves of Chaos in the module B2. Not sure about the shadows of the hill, they seem to wash out heavily in when converting to jpg from a PSD.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caves-surface-small.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	9.30 MB 
ID:	125387

I toyed around with some of the blending modes and got...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caves-surface-darker-small.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	8.30 MB 
ID:	125407

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

The shading and highlighting is coming along nicely

Though, I have to admit, the lighter grid for this map is distracting. It draws the eye too much for it to be comfortable.

I'd suggest for one to use a little darker color for the grid. And if the trees? are on their own layer, to maybe move the grid layer beneath the trees.

Also, if you are interested, you can copy this one and bucket fill it on its own layer. >> Name:  Grid_70x70_Faded_v1.png
Views: 297
Size:  1.1 KB

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Yeah, I totally agree! I had one of my players ask for the grid in white, so I'll probably shift it back to black.

Everything is layered, so I'll be putting the trees with a full canopy and one with just stumps and a canopy outline.

Thanks for the faded grid pattern, I'll try it in contrast to a solid black and see which version works better.

I'm organizing my pattern library in photoshop... so, it might be a couple days before the next version.