Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
You're doing a wonderful job on this one!
And I know the feeling, when I'm in a rush on a map or illustration , you just don't want to let the inspiration & motivation go away .
Thanks very much! At this point I am getting down to little tweaks, so I must be closing in.

Quote Originally Posted by smiler127 View Post
I love the little touches as I zoom in. Stellar objects, nebula and even space stations. I love the mini horsehead nebula you have in there too! Everywhere you look there is an opportunity to imagine different stories and adventures unfolding!
That's the idea! I'm glad you like the little pillars-of-creation-style nebula. I worked on that one for a while. I like the Menagerie nebula a lot, myself.

This latest has some tweaks to the shadows on the foreground sphere, some jiggled labels, and a little electrical discharge around of the wrecks in the Burial Grounds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CathedralGalaxy_201217_100.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	8.87 MB 
ID:	127247

----------------------

The Elders built not just the wormhole passages, but many other structures. Dyson spheres, world arks, rings...all are too large to support themselves against gravity, and so, as their systems fail, they collapse and degrade. Over eons, the gravitational layout of the Cathedral Galaxy brought many of the ancient artifacts scattered throughout its structure into the Burial Grounds. Wreck-runners based in the Halls of Taron, the Crown Jewels, and Shobah often delve into the Burial Grounds in search of valuable salvage and rare resources. One such scavenger is in the short story "Between Wrecks."